Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Remember585

Upcoming NYS Courses

7 posts in this topic

Received this earlier in the week. The following courses have openings at Camp Smith (in Peekskill, NY). Remember - this facility is rumored to be closing down in the year to come, so take advantage of it NOW!

#1602 Basic Structural Collapse Operations 10/29

#2587 Firefighter Survival 11/5/05

#1625 Medium Level Structural Collapse Concepts 11/8

#1614 Basic Trench Collapse Concepts 11/8

#1547 FAST Tactics 11/12 & 11/13

#3103 Principles of Building Construction: Combustible 11/12 & 11/13

#3141 Managing Company Tactical Operations Series 11/14-11/18 (all week)

#1548 Fire Officer II 11/19, 11/20, 12/10

#3142 Health & Safety Officer 11/19 & 11/20

Contact Don Ettinger at 914-788-5001 FOR INFO!!!

Guys take advantage of the opportunities while they are here, funding is always a problem every year for us in the fire service. I am always shocked at the low amount of Westchester Firefighters utilizing camp smith.

I like seeing classes for camp smith but can you please keep updating it because my department rarely posts these classes and I would love to take one but I need more then a month notice to change my schedule to take the class. Thanks for posting the classes its nice to see what they have to offer

I like seeing classes for camp smith but can you please keep updating it because my department rarely posts these classes and I would love to take one but I need more then a month notice to change my schedule to take the class.  Thanks for posting the classes its nice to see what they have to offer

I'll do my best to post them for you.

jybehofd,

The calendar for Camp Smith courses is laid out for the year and can be found in the NY State Emergency Responder Training Catelog issued by OFPC. You can find a copy at the Westchester Training Center, online on OFPC's website, or by calling them and they will send you one. If there isn't one in the hallway display for 2005 go into the office and they will assist you in getting on. The 2006 catalogs for training are also out.

http://www.dos.state.ny.us/fire/residential.html

New York State Academy of Fire Science

600 College Avenue

Montour Falls, NY 14865-9634

phone: (607) 535-7136

fax: (607) 535-4841