Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

[What Would You Do?] Get A Grant

3 posts in this topic

Part I:

A $10,000 grant has been made available to a department in Westchester who makes the best case for the need.

What would YOU purchase to improve your department's suppresion or rescue operations and WHY?

Part II:

If there is enough entries in this thread, we will "award" the fictional grant to one member based on membership input in a yet-to-be determined way. Again, this is fictional, no real money exists, lol.

I take that $10,000 and hire a PR firm to rewrite another grant requesting a $100,000 to fix every safety and operations issue we have. ](*,)

But first, I'd have to [-o< that I got the first 10,000, and I can tell you that would be a drop in the bucket and an argument for what I want it for. lol

I could use that $10,000 in many ways.

I would use the money for:

1. Purchase of an additonal AED to remain in the firehouse.

2. Make available a personal trainer to Firefighters who want to improve their "cardiac lifestyle" and improve their endurance, or supplement gym memberships.

3. Give an in-house CFR class for all FF's, and bring department equipment up to CFR level.

4. Issue all firefighters small flashlights, door chock, leatherman, rope bag, spanner, window punch, extrication gloves, BSI gloves, and a pocket reference guide

I think it's spent for the most part now. :D