Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
firecapt32

fire department budgets

3 posts in this topic

We live and die in the fire service according to our budgets-- from what we buy. How we buy it. How much is spent on what. where money is placed who has access to it.

Do we have committies set up to look at the latest and greatest things in the fire service?

Do we need whats out there?

Do we have money to send firefighters to confrences ??seminars?? Training sessions?? Are we getting grants?? Do we know how to write grant proposals?

whats out there??

Edited by firecapt32

We live and die in the fire service according to  our budgets-- from  what we buy. How we buy it. How much is spent on what. where money is placed  who has access to it.

Do we have committies set up to look at the latest and greatest things in the fire service?

Do we need whats out there?

Do we have money to send firefighters to confrences ??seminars?? Training sessions?? Are we getting grants?? Do we know  how to write grant proposals?

whats out there??

really good topic.

Just recently tarrytown set up a commitee to look at grants for the "latest and greatest" tools and equipment out there. i dont think we necisarily need whats out there, but to keep up with the times and technology it is good to have the new things that are out there for us. i can only answer for tarrytown but yes the chief will send people to seminars and trainings and pay for the entire thing. if any department is looking into grants, look up "sam the grant man" i think thats actually on his business card. tarrytown just hired him. he is good

do you know anything else about this guy Sam. where is he located or any contact info my fire company is in dier need of a new firehouse and fundraising isn't cutting it. Please hook a brother up.