Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Attention Paramedics

17 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I'd like to start by asking only paramedics to reply to this topic. Not to be picky but if your not a medic it will inhibit my ability to collect correct data. I am a current paramedic student and need to write a report for my class. My topic is CME direction on an ALS level. Proving that since EMS is a dynamic environment there is a constant need for upkeep of knowledge on a wide variety of topics. Specifically I am concentrating on select neuro-muscular disorders.

A simple yes or no response to each individual disorder is all I really need at this time. Reply yes if, and only if, you are farmiliar with the disorder and could possibly be comfortable discussing it in conversation. This is a quantative study your names will not be included. It is based upon your general knowledge not your ability to look this stuff up in text.

A big pre-emptive thanks to all that reply!

1) Myasthenia Gravis

2) Multiple Sclerosis

3) Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis

4) Gillian Barrie

5) Bells Palsy

Edited by Anomalyemt

Hi everyone,

I'd like to start by asking only paramedics to reply to this topic.  Not to be picky but if your not a medic it will inhibit my ability to collect correct data.  I am a current paramedic student and need to write a report for my class.  My topic is CME direction on an ALS level.  Proving that since EMS is a dynamic environment there is a constant need for upkeep of knowledge on a wide variety of topics.  Specifically I am concentrating on select neuro-muscular disorders. 

A simple yes or no response to each individual disorder is all I really need at this time.  Reply yes if, and only if, you are farmiliar with the disorder and could possibly be comfortable discussing it in conversation.  This is a quantative study your names will not be included.  It is based upon your general knowledge not your ability to look this stuff up in text.

1) Myasthenia Gravis

2) Multiple Sclerosis

4) Gillian Barrie

5) Bells Palsy

1) yes

2) yes

3) yes

4) no

5) yes

Good Luck!

Hey pookie!

1) No.

2) Yes.

3) Yes.

4) Yes.

5) Yes.

and...

6) Meet me at midnight, you bring the tube socks, I'll bring the WD-50.

Hi everyone,

I'd like to start by asking only paramedics to reply to this topic.  Not to be picky but if your not a medic it will inhibit my ability to collect correct data.  I am a current paramedic student and need to write a report for my class.  My topic is CME direction on an ALS level.  Proving that since EMS is a dynamic environment there is a constant need for upkeep of knowledge on a wide variety of topics.  Specifically I am concentrating on select neuro-muscular disorders. 

A simple yes or no response to each individual disorder is all I really need at this time.  Reply yes if, and only if, you are farmiliar with the disorder and could possibly be comfortable discussing it in conversation.  This is a quantative study your names will not be included.  It is based upon your general knowledge not your ability to look this stuff up in text.

1) Myasthenia Gravis

2) Multiple Sclerosis

4) Gillian Barrie

5) Bells Palsy

1) NO

2) YES

3) YES

4) YES

5) YES

Im not a medic but, My father has been living with ALS(#3) aka Lou Gheirgs for eight years now so if you have any questions ask away, Id be glad to help

I have been medic 18 plus years my answer to all would be no

yes to all. It is Guillain-Barré, not Gillian.

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes

4. No

5. Yes

Thank you to all who have replied to my topic. You were all a great help in culminating information. There is no need to reply anymore as the report was finished and tuned in. I thank you all again, and i'll keep ya posted if I pass!

Hi everyone,

1) Myasthenia Gravis

2) Multiple Sclerosis

4) Gillian Barrie

5) Bells Palsy

1.no

2. yes

3.no

4. yes

5. yes

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes (however I didn't recognise it until it was just called ALS by others :blink: )

4. No

5. Yes

yes to all. your 4th one in is spelled incorectly though

Lol, he said he was done on 12/11 and people are still replying