Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pfd950

News 12 the Bronx

8 posts in this topic

Groups rally at City Hall to keep BJ’s out of the Bronx :rolleyes:

Play the video (11/16/05) THE BRONX - The battle to keep BJ’s Wholesale Club out of the Bronx continued Wednesday as members of organized labor groups rallied on the steps of City Hall.

Critics of the store say it is anti-union and bad for small businesses. Members of the Neighborhood Retail Alliance agree, saying the big box store will decimate the local Mom and Pop stores.

In a letter to the City Council, the president of the Throgs Neck Tenants Association endorsed BJ’s saying it will provide jobs for residents. Union leaders, however, say the jobs don’t support the price of living.

A BJ’s spokesperson says the store is a quality employer with a 20-year history in the New York metropolitan region. Store officials look forward to discussing the Bronx plans with City Council members.

Share your views

E-MAIL ARTICLE

PRINT ARTICLE

About News 12 | Contact Us | Advertising Opportunities | Home | Help

Make News12 your homepage

Hmmm, very interesting lol. I doubt this would be the situation in the Hunts Point section B) !

Wow, either News12 doesn't edit too well, or they were actually trying to be funny and print it like that!

After hearing this, Harlem Heavyweight and former President Bill Clinton will now lead the battle to bring more BJ's into Da' BX. His former personal assistant, Ms. Monica Lewinsky, is also rumored to be helping the fight, leading her campaign from her new Cigar shop in the Riverdale section.....

:lol:

Edited by Remember585

After hearing this, Harlem Heavyweight and former President Bill Clinton will now lead the battle to bring more BJ's into Da' BX.  His former personal assistant, Ms. Monica Lewinsky, is also rumored to be helping the fight, leading her campaign from her new Cigar shop in the Riverdale section.....

:lol:

The truth is always the funniest

Well if I guess the don;t want BJ's there, d***'s sporting goods may be on the way out :lol:

Well if I guess the don;t want BJ's there, d***'s sporting goods may be on the way out  :lol:

I know there is a d***'s sporting goods in Poughkeepsie. I don't know if it's a big d***'s or a small d***'s. I'm not a fan of d***'s sporting goods

Where are they looking to put this store up?? Doesn't seem like there's a lot of room left in the neighborhood for much more. Traffic is already a nightmare over there. You guys can hit me with the Reading is Fundamental tag of shame. I choose not to bother with News 12. My dislike for them is well documented on this site.

Edited by JBE

Where are they looking to put this store up?? Doesn't seem like there's a lot of room left in the neighborhood for much more. Traffic is already a nightmare over there. You guys can hit me with the Reading is Fundamental tag of shame. I choose not to bother with News 12. My dislike for them is well documented on this site.

I think at Hunts Point, I hear that the working people there would be happy to see a d***'s sporting goods