Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spin_the_wheel

Ossining Dispatch New HQ

6 posts in this topic

Will Ossining FD be dispatching themselves full time when the new HQ building is up and running? How does the system work with the PD.

Edited by Ladder47

No, OFD does not self dispatch. The PSAP is at OPD HQ, they take the call and dispatch the alarm(tones & horns). If there is a dispatcher at FD HQ they will take over the radio communications from the PD.

I stopped by the old HQ a few years back and there was an older gentleman dispatching, he told me that they have someone at the radio full time during the day 8-4 Mon-Fri and then evenings 7-11 or something like that, when the pd is at a busy period, is it still working that way? I had thoght they might go full time with the new radio room. Thanks for the insight.

Ladder47, your info is still correct. The two day dispatchers are senior members of the OFD and are part time (I believe two days one week, then three days the next). The day dispatchers also provide a lot of the administrative duties of the Department while they are on duty. The evening dispatchers are also members of the OFD.

Ladder47, your info is still correct. The two day dispatchers are senior members of the OFD and are part time (I believe two days one week, then three days the next). The day dispatchers also provide a lot of the administrative duties of the Department while they are on duty. The evening dispatchers are also members of the OFD.

Thanks for the info.....that is a very unique situation in westchester, did they have a gamewell firealarm system at one time. Their box system is typical of a department who once ha one but still uses them as map grids.

Can not answer the question regarding the Gamewell system. As far back as 1983 when I transferred to OFD I cannot recall a Gamewell system here. There were several Police Callboxes placed around town which doubled as Fire Callboxes.