Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RWC130

Sad Day In Peekskill PD

8 posts in this topic

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

PoughkeepsieJournal.com

4 hurt — 1 critically — in Gardiner car crash

GARDINER — Four people were injured in a car accident Wednesday at the intersection of Route 28 and Forest Glen Road in the Town of Gardiner.

Wallkill resident Jennifer DeMarco, 29, was in critical condition and Gardiner resident Karen Lawson, 42, was in stable condition at Saint Francis Hospital Thursday.

Gardiner resident Nathaniel Angstrom, 19, was traveling north on Route 208 and was slowing to turn onto Forest Glen Road at about 4:30 p.m. DeMarco was traveling behind him and was unable to stop in time, according to the Ulster County Sheriff's Office.

DeMarco swerved into the path of Lawson's car.

Both DeMarco and Lawson had to be extricated from their cars after the accident, police said.

Wallkill resident Annette Grazioli, 45, broke her arm and a two-year-old in a child safety seat in the back was transported by New Paltz Rescue to St. Francis Hospital, then airlifted to Westchester Medical Center for further examination. Both were passengers in Lawson's car.

Jennifer DeMarco, 29 died later at St. Francis Hosp.

She is the wife of City of Peekskill Police Officer Carl DeMarco.

Our thoughts and prayers are with him and the DeMarco family.

No funeral information available as of yet.

Edited by RWC130

Very sad, indeed. Thoughts and prayers to her family.

A terrible tragedy. My thoughts are with PO DeMarco, all the families and the Peekskill PD.

I knew Carl for a loing time, my prayers are with the family.

That is terrible to hear, my condolences to the whole family, my prayers are with you.