Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Probie Class 03-2005's Rapelling Adventure

11 posts in this topic

Probie Class 03-2005 met another challenge today, rapelling. First off the tower to lead the 37 of us and show us no fear was fellow probie Novel "Skittles" Kettil, Mount Vernon FD

Although I was a little nervous, rapelling is just as cool as I thought!

And so is ropes and knots.....it's so fun to learn how everything works and then get to put it into use. I thought it would be intimidating to learn everything, especially the knots, but with the instructors we had everything fell into place quite nicely.

Thanks again to Lt Ryan, Instructor Macpherson AKA "TMac" and Instructor Lennox!

Photos are posted, www.emtbravo.com

(Photos by HFD211, thanks for the quick submit!)

dont get caught speeding x there are still a few weeks and a few teast to go, but I can say that all of you guys have come a long way since 9/12/05

CFRD--CODES still lay ahead plus 2 more tests at least ohh the last test of mine 100 questions!!!!!!!

did we find out who lunch box is?? I know

dont get caught speeding x there are still a few weeks and a few teast to go, but I can say that all of you guys have come a long way since 9/12/05

CFRD--CODES still lay ahead  plus 2 more tests at least ohh the last test of mine 100 questions!!!!!!!

did  we find out who lunch box is??  I  know

I know who lunchbox is....

I know who lunchbox is....

lunchbox, i hope you know who you are, now lets see if every one else figures out who you are...lol

Excuse me if I'm missing something, but what's "Anybody Seen Skittles" supposed to mean?

Excuse me if I'm missing something, but what's "Anybody Seen Skittles" supposed to mean?

Kittles is a P.F.F. from FDMV, also a medic, most of his class mates call him Skittles which has stuck and basicly Mr. skittles likes to yell out "has anybody seen Timmy" so its kind of a class joke has anybody seen skittles... this is just one of the many interesting inside jokes and nicknames that this class has for one another.

Thanks for explaining that, sounds like you guys get along really well

Nice pics by the way

The class has definately stuck together and we are nearing the end of the curriculum, dec. 16th is graduation, We have all overcome obstacles and bonded with one another to form a "lean, mean, blue machine."

P.S. Lunchboxs nickname is called far worse in the acedemy. And he/she can only be called that by his/her 36 other brothers and instructors in the academy. Everyone gets picked on, I am sure everyone is familiar with the antics. Its all out of love and respect for one another.

P.P.S. P.F.F. 1-3 is starting to become a bully ;)

Edited by M2theAX

P.F.F. 1-3 a bully?? I better start paying more attention. all I seem to be doing these days is making sure all the paper work is in order so you guys can get to where you are going.

It is a close group of P.F.F.'s and that will stay with them through out their career.

The chant is loud and clear , the bond is growing stronger every day, the professionalism is showing more and more.

And the top spot academicly is up for grabs---did you hear that 211- its too close to call the last 2 tests will determine that academic leader but all of them should be proud of what they have accompolished over the last 12 weeks.

see you all on monday for a new 50 question test

Is that Skittles or flex master Phil from the berg with the muscle shots? :blink: