Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Yonkers Multi-Agency Collapse Drill

6 posts in this topic

On thursday and Friday there was a multi department drill at the Yonkers Raceway I'm wondering why there was no mention of it in this web site. The Drill involved Yonkers, New Rochelle, Mt Vernon, Greenburgh, White Plains, Eastchester and Scarsdale. All six of the County Technical Rescue Squads as well as the USAR Team from Albany.

I was curious why I saw a couple YFD rigs parked in front of a fire house in Riverdale the week before last. Was that the mutual aid drill?

I am very interested also ! This type of training is all about being on top of the game. Westchester County communities count on Fire Dept's being prepared. Looking forward to member driven posts on this topic. Thanks :)

Companies staged at Yonkers Race and went to predeisgnated firehouses in the Bronx to conduct a multi-unit drill to check out things such as tactics, equipment and hydrant, siamese and hose connections:

Yonkers Engine and Ladder

New Rochelle Ladder Greenville Engine

Mount Vernon Engine and White Plains Ladder

Units were given assignment at the Race track by OFPC

Surprise, surprise. I didn't hear anything about this either, or the one that was run last week.

Stopped by the racetrack friday and took a walk around. Nice to see everyone working together, lots of different departments and equipment. Urban search and rescue, air bags, and more were all being used.