Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JohnnyOV

So I got a Job in EMS at Daytona Speedway

5 posts in this topic

Got the job offer a while back, and the orientaion / training was today. Day started at 0800 and ended at 1700. First went over what we do there yadda yadda. Then at 1100 we got a tour of the speedway, took us in all the suites, including bill frances, the media boxes, time keepers box and.....The roof of the nextel tower !! Sorry no pics, I had no idea we were doing this.

Next came training, went over all the ambulances, golf carts, strechers/stairchairs equipment and gear to be worn. Blue or red (depending if your doing Fire or EMS) nomex racing suits, Helmets, high angle rescue equipment for the high turn accidents...and all the other stuff to go along with it.

Had some lunch which the fire guys cooked up Hot dogs, hamburgers, steaks, sausages, potoato salad, chips and homemade salsa...AWESOME lunch.

After lunch went out and ran an actuall scenario...3 car crash on turn 2...1 car on fire-driver trapped unconscious. 1 car pinned at the top of the incline...driver unconscious...1 driver on the grass spun out conscious and out of the car. High angle rescue was required...the 30 degree slope is ALOT steeper then you think, alot steeper.

All in all it was an awesome day and im looking forward to working there!

Congrats man! Sounds like an awesome job. Hope for lots of pics in the future!!

ill get as many as i can....thing is i get in BIG TROUBLE if there sold or reproduced for sale...

ill get as many as i can....thing is i get in BIG TROUBLE if there sold or reproduced for sale...

put a water mark over them so that they cant be!

(if you need help pm me and ill show you how!)

Used to live in daytona a few years back, know the area very well, know alot of people and places down there, if you need any help or need some good places to go to or go eat let meknow ill be glad to help you out.Ill see you on bike week.!!!!!!!!!