Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Snow Advisory - NWS

14 posts in this topic

Snow Advisory from the National Weather Service: 

/O.NEW.KOKX.SN.Y.0002.051206T0000Z-051206T1700Z/ SOUTHERN FAIRFIELD-SOUTHERN NEW HAVEN-BERGEN-EASTERN PASSAIC- ESSEX-HUDSON-UNION-SOUTHERN WESTCHESTER-NEW YORK (MANHATTAN)- BRONX-RICHMOND (STATEN ISLAND)-KINGS (BROOKLYN)-QUEENS-NASSAU- 452 AM EST MON DEC 5 2005

...SNOW ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 12 PM EST TUESDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN UPTON HAS ISSUED A SNOW ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 12 PM EST TUESDAY.

SNOW IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN BY THIS EVENING AND CONTINUE THROUGH THE OVERNIGHT.

ACCUMULATIONS OF 3 TO 5 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE BY TUESDAY MORNING. THE SNOW WILL THEN CONTINUE THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING...AND TAPER OFF EARLY IN THE AFTERNOON. ADDITIONAL ACCUMULATIONS OF AN INCH OR LESS ARE POSSIBLE.

BY THE TIME THE SNOW ENDS EARLY TUESDAY AFTERNOON...TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 4 TO 6 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE.

A SNOW ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW WILL CAUSE PRIMARILY TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SNOW COVERED ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES...AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.

Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow......

I'm off tomorrow...lol.

Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow......

I'm off tomorrow...lol.

It's begining to look alot like Christmas.

I was excited as I read the first post, but as of 1715 on channel 7, looks like its only going to be an inch or two here...mabye five out the Island. But mabye more end of this week/early next week!

LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW!!!!!!

Edited by 23piraf

:) I've got two words for all of you....and they ain't "merry christmas"

:blink:  I've got two words for all of you....and they ain't "merry christmas"

more snow!!!

Edited by 23piraf

"I'm Gay" ?

"I'm Gay" ?

:blink: and so starts the snowball fight...

and i would love it to snow down here in FL...i cant wait till next week when i come home!

I'm over my days of waking up at 4am to plow the driveway before going to work.... Sleeping on one of the benches of R-36 OR better yet on 3 chairs from the meeting room lined up (hoping that I would roll off on the floor which was what usually happened).... The only saving grace for those nights was Rocky's Deli right down the road (24/7) and good company to waste the hours away with.

More lights?

as I wake up and start my (snowless) day...I am disappointed.

Agree 100%, North+Central Jersey+ Suffolk Co. got the 5-6". We were left with the dustings...... :blink:

Agree 100%, North+Central Jersey+ Suffolk Co. got the 5-6". We were left with the dustings...... :lol:

Hoss my man, more snow for Friday! And we might actually get it this time. The storm should be closer to us, although there could be a rain/snow mix which I absolutly hate!