Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JAD622

Mount Vernon's 2 new Ferrara Engines finished

44 posts in this topic

WOULDN'T IT BE NICE IF THE NEW RIGS COULD BE DELIVERED WITH MANPOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and a new mayor....woops didn't mean to say that aloud....

They will replace engines 5 and 6  (or by county numbers, 205 and 206).  Those companies are both running old E-One rigs.

hi guy the new eng or going to be eng-3 and eng-4

All, as i said in my clarification of my original post (and has been said by numerous FDMV guys), what i meant was that the RIGS being used by Engines 5 and 6 were going to be the ones replaced. The new rigs will not be assigned to those companies though. There will be a rearrangment of apparatus.

The deal is our brand NEWtower does not operate.( Love the City)

Ladder 2 which I could put the stick in your back pocket is sitting there because a Hyd. seal is broken and the city doesnt want to pay for it. Like its gonna fix it self.

Tell a friend. and if your a border city tell whos running your town.

whats wrong with Tower Ladder 1 and with Ladder 2 oos, the city is only running one truck? or is the Mack back in service?

Edited by 23piraf

The old Mack truck is in service running out of Station 1. Truck 3 is in service running from Station 3.

Personally, I love the old Mack. I'm hoping they keep it.

Tick tock.....the clock is running. Delivery expected soon...very soon.

Engine 3 & Engine 4 were at the 3rd Street Fire Station today. They are beautiful rigs. Photos have been uploaded to Seth (hopefully he will post soon)

:angry:

Na, New Rochelle wouldnt no what to do.

I bet NR will be relieved to know MtV isn't going to call them on M/A

for a closet fire

Why is the brand new Seagrave truck not in service yet?

Why is the brand new Seagrave truck not in service yet?

i heard it's having technical difficuties. rumor has it hyrolic issues from the factory.

heavy, its not always abotu getting them into service quickly. remember, these are new pieces of apparatus and they dont always function like the old ones. training is a MUST. Im sure FDMV is working to get them into service as fast as they can. But id rather the guys know how to work them so that they are opperated safely and efficiently instead if just driven to a scene where they sit around and dump their hosebeds.

heavy,  its not always abotu getting them into service quickly.  remember, these are new pieces of apparatus and they dont always function like the old ones.  training is a MUST.  Im sure FDMV is working to get them into service as fast as they can.  But id rather the guys know how to work them so that they are opperated safely and efficiently instead if just driven to a scene where they sit around and dump their hosebeds.

Kudos Shantz, I couldn't agree with you more!