Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest JQP442

Update on Eastchester Station 4 Fire?

3 posts in this topic

Driving into work this morning, I heard a report that Eastchester Station 4 had a fire. Does anyone know how bad it was? Any rigs damaged? And the condition of the house?

The house is "temporarily" out of service. Engine 30 is operating out of station 3 (where 29 is also). To my understanding, much of the floor has collapsed in the front of the house. They removed the engine, so that wasn't damaged, but I believe there was a trailer or something else in that house. Unsure about the condition of anything else. The fire was in the basement and was contained the best they could for the 45 minutes until the power was shut down to the building. I believe the damage (though probably significant) was quite minimal compared to what it could have been. They did a good job with it... still unsure about the future of station 4 though... perhaps some EFD would know better...

Judging by the News12 footage, there wasn't too much damage to the apparatus floor. The Squad 5 trailer was still parked inside the station. I don't know what the extent of the damage to the rest of the station was, although they did mention that there was some pretty extensive damage due to overhaul and having to chase the fire throuhout the walls because of how long it took ConEd to shut the power down.