Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

But here comes the CHALLENGER!

17 posts in this topic

Dodge Challenger concept

The new Challenger keeps a lot of the good: the signature horizontal “thrust†line that creases the fender and door and kicks up just ahead of the rear wheel; the wide look at front and rear; and the long, low hood accented by twin diagonal scoops fitted with functional butterfly valve intakes.

Inside, deep gauge holes, a leather-wrapped steering wheel (with ribbed steering column, of course) and a pistol-grip shift handle evoke Challengers of old. Like Challengers past, this concept packs more than its share of muscle under the hood in the form of an SRT-tuned 6.1-liter, 425-hp, 420-lb-ft Hemi V8, linked to a six-speed manual transmission.

Chrysler estimates the fully functional concept should rocket 0 to 60 mph in 4.5 seconds, clip the quarter-mile in 13 seconds and attain a top speed of 174 mph.

post-839-1136862316.jpg

HOT! HOT! HOT! HOT! HOT! What a beautiful car! I love it!

I, being the Dodge fan and proud Dodge owner I am, would love to have one. Once again, Dodge blazes the trail and all the other automakers will again just try to keep up.

Edited by x635

Yup, that and the new Camaro are nice but the new Mustang is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is sweet as hell, cant wait to see the police package on that and the new camaro. NYSP is probably drooling.

Beautiful car. Dodge got it right. Very true to the original design. One thing I would like to see is a shaker hood on it.

That is SWEET. I wish they had designed the charger like that, using more of the original design concepts from the late 60's. I mean, come on, a charger, with 4 doors???? This one I think takes the cake though for the redisigned muscle cars. Chevy should take some notes.

post-839-1136990113.jpg Edited by hoss49

So, my birthday is June 21 - anybody who doesn't know what to get me - just look at the previous post..... :rolleyes:

:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Naked woman on a muscle car

Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:58 PM ET

Reuters

DETROIT (Reuters) - Auto aficionados got more than a preview of the hottest models.

Detroit officials are looking into how a woman sneaked into the North American International Auto Show after closing hours early on Tuesday to pose naked on Chrysler's Dodge Challenger muscle car.

Security guards at the Cobo Center where the show is being held this week found the woman standing on the new Challenger, with some people -- mostly men -- taking pictures at about 2 a.m. (0700 GMT) on Tuesday.

"Some people told us there were real cameras there, and some said there were only cellphone cameras," Jason Vines, a spokesman for DaimlerChrysler's Chrysler Group, said, adding he did not know how many people were there.

Chrysler had brought in "Desperate Housewives" star Eva Longoria on Sunday to pose with Chrysler Chief Executive Tom LaSorda next to the new Imperial luxury concept car. Longoria was fully-clothed.

Chief of security for the show, Carl Berry, said the incident was being investigated.

i really like it. i like the camaro concept but even though i am a chevy guy by birth, the challenger is just a bigger eye catcher and is fashioned more closely to that of the 70s.