Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
27east

7 posts in this topic

this might be a stupid question, but do the runs include mutual-aid as well?

hey pvac  , of those  805 calls you responed on , how many of them were for other vac  that could not get out the door??  and did  pvac make it out the door for every call??  just asking , i know these days  it gets harder and harder to get a bus out

Pleasantville VAC covers both Thornwood and Pleasantville, I don't know how many calls were mutal aided, BUT it is still a high number for our surrounding area. All I know is we covered 807 calls where people recieved the help they needed. We have all been in the situation where we have needed help from surrounding agencies. Thats what mutal aid is for.

hey pvac  , of those  805 calls you responed on , how many of them were for other vac  that could not get out the door??  and did  pvac make it out the door for every call??  just asking , i know these days  it gets harder and harder to get a bus out

As a veteran member of PVAC, I would like to address your question. I was Capt in 1993 and 1994, did between 650 and 750 both years. DID NOT MUTUAL 1 CALL and did numerous pre-arranged transports for our residents. If you are a volunteer (with your comments, I'm not quite sure) you would understand how things have changed. People are not willing to volunteer any more; it is getting harder and harder to get and keep members. As a member for over 17 years, I have seen this first hand. Yes, PVAC did have to mutual aid some calls, as well as did mutual aid calls for our surrounding depts. That is why it is called "mutual aid". We are all there to help one another and not bad mouth our comrades if they happen to be experiencing some difficulties in manning crews and expect the same respect in return. As a dedicated member it is very disheartening to see our VAC missing calls, but unfortunately it is the nature of the beast these days. I hope this answered your question.

P.S. If you are a resident of Thornwood or Pleasantville and you are so concerned with us getting out the door - why don't you put your money where your mouth is and join???????

i know e 75 in the bronx did  5,700 and change, about 1,600  of it was ems , wayyyyy  to much running for me

So by saying that I am going to use my best judgement and say that you are a paid professional. So therefore you have NO right to be questioning the status of Pleasantville VAC (the V stands for Volunteer in case you didn't know). Maybe you do volunteer somewhere else but all of that "running" you did, you were also "running" to the bank the next week to get a check for it. When I "run" out of my door to do a call for Pleasantville VAC the only thing I am "running" to do is possibly save the life of one of my neighbors. With all of that said, I would like it for you to NOT post questions that will lead others to think that we are some half a** organization. Our members leave their jobs, families and put their lives on hold FOR FREE while they are out doing what they love to do.. HELP OTHERS! Trust me, if anyone know the dedication of the members to PVAC I would. With all of that said, if you have anymore questions regarding PVAC, please ask one of us who responded to you, and DO NOT make us look bad on this site. And for your information the way I see it, those 807 calls that we did do during 2005 all had a dedicated and compassionate crew who were there because they wanted to be, not because they had to...

So getting back to run totals for 2K5.....

Wow...PVAC was quick to defend themselves of something they were not charged with. Pudd was simply asking a question about how much mutual aid is being used. lilblueeyes made several assumptions which may or may not be true

Edited by tfd193

sounds like i have upset the whole WIND family lol