Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Attitude Of Some EMS Providers

38 posts in this topic

I agree with kellipvac we're all on the same page here, and we all took the same nys exam, what difference does it make if you get paid or volunteer, (personally I don't see how anyone can rip on someone who gets out of bed at 3:am to go on a call, not for any monetary gain, but because they care about their neighbors, but that's just me I guess). 2nd LT's rule Kel!!

I dont see what a state EMT exam has anything to do with the discussion. Per the chest pain comments: I was refering to the staffing of the ambulance. Again, i speak of specific events i, myself, have experienced while volunteering. Ive heard countless times, 60 control and police depts. paging 2, 3 and 4 times for an ambulance driver or crew to respond to a call. The comments simply pretain to the glory seekers who would rather come out on a "good call" rather than a medical transport. And, Strider, while you may be right, i dont think volunteers should be going around and patting themselves on the back for getting up at 3am, its unprofessional and really just sets a bad precedence. Ive seen attiuteds like that explode into fullblown confrontation on ambulance calls.

Edited by 66Alpha1

I think this topic is beaten to death. Let it die already!!!!

A little off the subject, but just as an fyi...not all als services(fly car medics) in this area are paid. There are quite a few medics in the Cortlandt Regional Paramedic system that volunteer their medic services, and have been doing so since the program started almost 10 years ago. When it comes down to it, it definitely isn't about the money in ems...whether u volunteer or get paid.

I've been a long time viewer of thios site, but never felt the need to post before now. Thi sline damn near killed me.

If you are a volunterer, who cares what your response time is, the point is that you got there.

Forget everythign else thats been discussed in the forum. Let volleys be proud and pat them selves on the back because they choose to give up their free time to do this. There aren't many perks in this gig. But god damn who cares how long it takes to get there?!?! I can't believe I'm actually reading this. Why don't you nearly rip your arm off in an accident and then wait for the ambulance to get there. The two minutes it took the cops to get there seemed like an eternity. I even had a medic there a minute or two after that. 11 minutes after the medic arrived (nearly 20 minutes after the call to 911 was placed) the ambulance arrived. Hate to break it to you buffmedic but that is unacceptable. I don't care who you are or how much you do or do not get paid. You need to be there in a timely manner. If you can't keep your staff in house or within a minute or two of your rigs then you need to re-evaluate the service you provide to your citizens because it is NOT adequate. This isn't about dedication or training or attitude its about time. Time is the biggest difference between life and death in what we do.

I think this topic is beaten to death. Let it die already!!!!

it'll die when volunteer services, as a whole, become more consistant with the level of service they provide.

it'll die when volunteer services, as a whole, become more consistant with the level of service they provide.

:P way to beat a dead topic - not you 66alpha1 in particular. Obviously people cannot "play" nicely. Can we get a mod to close this thread?

Edited by EMSJunkie712

My apologies - From what I've read, this has gone on quite a bit, but I'm not getting what this last post means specifically. Please help me, because there are a couple things I would like to share before someone closes it down.....

Thanks!!