Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Grumpy

EMTBravo Police incident coverage

5 posts in this topic

Are Police incidents a part of a Fire and EMS Forum? About one third of the Incident Alerts on today's page are shootings, pursuits. etc. Most in Yonkers. Of course EMS gets involved with some of them, but not all. Seem to be going away from the stated purpose of this Forum. Am I wrong? :rolleyes:

Someone asked that same question last year also, and the answer that person got was this:

It is acceptable to post such incidents if they are interesting(i.e. shooting, HIGH speed pursuit's that last more than a half-an-hour) stuff that would interested other members on the boards. Not your everyday car stop's.

hope this help's some

** If i am worng someone please correct me**

Maybe EMTbravo can make a alert forum just for cop stuff in and out of county. Just me 2 cents.

Major police related incidents were included in the IA's beginning last year after a poll of the members clearly and decisively asked for them. Based on the hundreds of views those type incidents receive, the interest is apparent.

This is an Emergency Services forum. The Emergency Services circle includes Fire, EMS, and PD. We have numerous members of this site who are involved in one of the three. We are, IN NO WAY, "going away from the stated purpose of this forum". We're not looking to be a Law Enforcment forum as far as the discussions go, the main emphasis is on Fire and EMS. But, we also strive to provide coverage of all the incidents happening around the area, as many members have expressed interest in.

A major part of how this site is run is member input and feedback provided to me. Last year, numerous members of this site requested that we start including serious police incidents on this site. Although, at the time I was on the "Fire And EMS" only bandwagon, the input from the members and a poll where the overwhelming majority of members voted FOR police IA's to be included, swayed me. I've searched for that thread, but for some reason, I cannot find it.

Since we have started including PD incidents, the statistics speak for themselves. Members are reading these incidents, and want to hear about them.