Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

FIREFIGHTER 1 --- 2 week class --- CONGRATS

11 posts in this topic

To all the brother and sister firefighters who graduated the Firefighter 1 class yesterday, CONGRATULATIONS and stay safe. You were a GREAT group, full of enthusiasm and cooperation. Continue your great attitudes and you surely will make a difference in the fire service...It was a pleasure working with you all.......

Jim and Tom

On behalf of the class I would like to thank Jim and Tom for their dedication to training us in beginning our fire careers. We would also like to thank the other instructors from New Rochelle, Greenville, and White Plains for helping them out in achieving this goal. Over this two week period we learned alot and bonded as a group of brothers/sisters. Thanks again and I'm sure we will see you again in other classes throughout our fire careers. Thanks and stay safe...

Chris

Thanks Jim and Tom! It was a pleasure for all of us in the class to be working with the two of you. You taught us all a lot and added insight that will make us all better and safer firefighters.

Thanks again!

Dave Luongo-Somers

Glad to see that the system works. 2 weeks is a very hard class to instruct. It crunches a lot of material into a short period of time. It takes a lot of work and dediciation on both the Instructors and the students

the class couldn't have had better instructors .

"the class couldn't have had better instructors ."

Without a doubt. I have had the pleasure of working with both of them at the training center and as an instructor myself I have learned alot from them as well as the other instructors I work with. Great bunch!!!!

And I can not wait untill I can get back there !!!!!!!!!!! ;)

the class couldn't have had better instructors .

I couldn't have said it any better myself. Once again, from the whole Firefighter 1 class a thank you goes out to all who helped, including Adrian from White Plains FD, Robert Benz from Greenburgh, Dave from NRFD, Chief Kelly from NRFD, but especially Jim and Tommy of NRFD. They all taught us how not only to be firefighters, but how to be effective and safe firefighters. Jim and Tom's dedication to the fire service and the people involved is astounding. The most important things they taught us can't be found in any book, about the comraderie and brotherhood behind the fire service. Once again, thank you so much for all you do!

Thank You FireCapt and Asstchief for your kind words. It is a pleasure and privilege to work with dedicated fire service professionals. Chief Mancusi..GET WELL SOON!

To all the students....Continue your training and stay safe....Remember EVERYDAY you can learn something new in this business! I look forward in working with you all again real soon!

Smitty

I have a ? after completing ff1 are you allowed to be an interior ff or do you have to take intermediate and ff2?

I have a ? after completing ff1 are you allowed to be an interior ff or do you have to take intermediate and ff2?

By the state standards you are interior certified. However, it is up to your individual department to determine interior status. For example, I took this class the past 2 weeks but my department, Hartsdale, requires us to take Firefighter Survival in order to be interior certified.

By the state standards you are interior certified. However, it is up to your individual department to determine interior status. For example, I took this class the past 2 weeks but my department, Hartsdale, requires us to take Firefighter Survival in order to be interior certified.

hey thanks for the response... i thought i heard somewhere that you needed ff1/interm. at lthe least to be interior by state...

hey thanks for the response... i thought i heard somewhere that you needed ff1/interm. at lthe least to be interior by state...

basic firefighter and intermediate firefighter are the old state classes that have been combined with hazmatt 1st responder and WMD awarness to make up the new Firefighter one progam and as stated above. the state requires FF1 to be a volunteer interior firefighter, how ever some departments require more.