Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stephen morea

grasslands fd rigs?

9 posts in this topic

can anybody tell me what the grasslands fire department is and what kind of trucks and support vehicles they run? just courious.

Grasslands FD has an engine and a truck as well as housing for the County Haz-Mat team and the Field Com. Unit. Engine 7 is an International i believe, not sure what year. Ladder 7 is an HME/Smeal 105' similar to Yonkers ladder 72 and 73.

Grasslands fire brigade has:

Mini-attack 2,Engine 8 and Utility 3. These rigs are located in the D.P.W garage on the grounds of the reservation. It is the building just past the heating plant on Woods rd. Located at the FTC is Ladder 7 and Engine 7.They pull double duty as the FTC rigs and a additional ladder and engine for response to alarms on the reservation. As for what make and model- I believe that the mini is a Dodge/Pierce, the engine is a F-super duty/?, and the utility is a chevy van

Grasslands fire brigade has:

Mini-attack 2,Engine 8 and Utility 3. These rigs are located in the D.P.W garage on the grounds of the reservation. It is the building just past the heating plant on Woods rd. Located at the FTC is Ladder 7 and Engine 7.They pull double duty as the FTC rigs and a additional ladder and engine for response to alarms on the reservation. As for what make and model- I believe that the mini is a Dodge/Pierce, the engine is a F-super duty/?, and the utility is a chevy van

What kind of manpower are we talking about. 1 person on a rig ? :(

According to the DES website which is shown near the top of the forum,

"There are 19 members who respond are first responders to fire emergencies on the entire Valhalla Campus from 8am - 3:30pm Monday through Friday. After hours the campus is covered by Valhalla and Hawthorne Fire Departments."

As for chief cars, I know the Chief there drives a red Suburban, low profile, which can be seen in the photos from the Irvington fire on 1/15/06. It is 3 pictures down from Dobbs Ferry Car 2093

And from 3:30 pm to 9:00 am valhalla does all of grasslands, and hawthorne has on building on it

"And from 3:30 pm to 9:00 am valhalla does all of grasslands, and hawthorne has on building on it"

Hawthorne covers the Taylor Care Institute and also the Psyche hospital. I believe we cover a piece of the condo's used by the New York Medical College.

Andy Mancusi

Chief

Hawthorne FD