Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

Members Can Now Close/Delete Own Topics

6 posts in this topic

Members-

We are trying something new in the ongoing attempt to keep this board positive.

Members can now close/lock thier topics if they feel they are getting "old" or out of hand.

Members can also delete their topics if they feel it is warranted.

("Their topics" is defined as the member who created the topic, AKA thread. The first post in the thread is the member who created the thread)

So I don't get accused of locking/deleting the thread, you may want to make a post saying why the thread is closed, or if you delete, PM members in the thread to tell them why you took the action you did.

Additionally, members can now individually delete their own posts.

This is all an experiment. If it works well, it stays.

*Note that Admin's can still access/restore deleted posts.

To do the above-

While viewing your topic, toward the bottom of the screen, there should be a drop-down menu entitled "Moderation Options"

There are two choices:

1. Close Topic

2. Delete Topic

Select one, click "Go" to the right of the drop down menu, and you're set.

I think it is a great idea. Especially helpful when you post something, and then have to wait for a mod to delete it, if you mistakenly posted, or in the wrong section. Hopefully it all does work out!! Like you did say tho, EMTBravo, hopefully it does not lead to excessive, inapporpriate usage!! Thank you for giving us all the benefit of the doubt.

Is there a reason that posts can only be edited for only a short time span? Although yes we can now delete our own posts and repost them with the edited portion, I think it would be good if we could edit our post as well, indefinitely.

Members have up to 4 hours to edit their post. After that, the edit is locked out. That is so that members can't go and change their wording of thier post after it's been replied too.