Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Online FEMA Classes

3 posts in this topic

A close friend of mine had showed me these online FEMA coures, avilable through the website, some time ago. I had some free time on my hands today and "enrolled" and signed up for a class on EMS ops at an MCI. I havent exactly looked at the content yet, as college has been keeping me busy. However, im woundering how valuable these courses are. I think they are great, on a personal leve, but at a more practical level how do they hold up? Are they somthing worth putting on a job application? Any insight would be more than helpful!

A close friend of mine had showed me these online FEMA coures, avilable through the website, some time ago. I had some free time on my hands today and "enrolled" and signed up for a class on EMS ops at an MCI. I havent exactly looked at the content yet, as college has been keeping me busy. However, im woundering how valuable these courses are. I think they are great, on a personal leve, but at a more practical level how do they hold up? Are they somthing worth putting on a job application? Any insight would be more than helpful!

I recently completed seven courses in emergency management on-line through FEMA and recieved a Professional Developement Certificate for completing all seven. I found them to be informative.

I think any education recieved is worth putting on an application. Shows you have a willingness to learn.

Andy Mancusi

Chief

Hawthorne FD

Everything helps....but do it for yourself, not the piece of paper.