Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JohnnyOV

EMT course number for WCC?

11 posts in this topic

is it EMS 101? I see they have a summer course for EMS, but i want to make sure it for EMT...

9091 EMS 101 EMERGENCY MEDICAL SVC 1 5.0 5.0 MTW 6:30P 9:30P SCI 0367 STAFF $10.00

CLASS SCHEDULED 6/05-8/17/06 NYS WRITTEN EXAM 8/17/06

are you talking about the NYS State ID for the course? If not, just call Mr. Nardozzi he is the chair of the Pre Hospital dept. and say that you want to register for the summer EMT course. I reccomend taking the evening class w/ Marty he is an amazing teacher and great friend.

Edited by 66Alpha1

are you talking about the NYS State ID for the course? If not, just call Mr. Nardozzi he is the chair of the Pre Hospital dept. and say that you want to register for the summer EMT course. I reccomend taking the evening class w/ Marty he is an amazing teacher and great friend.

whats his number?

whos number? just call WCC and ask for the dept of pre-hospital care. or go to www.wccems.com

EMS 101 is the EMT course. I am in the class now with Marty and he is an excellent instructor. The class is a 5 credit science course as well as the EMT certification.

Just Remeber Folks Go for the one without the college credits, Or the State will not pay for the corse. That is if you guys are have your Ambulance Core or Fire department Pay for it. If NOt go for the credits 5 an't that bad.

Edited by ems-buff

i think any way you cut it any school that currently has NYS pre-hospital certifications avilable to take will allow you to transfer credit over as long as you give them a course outline.

i think any way you cut it any school that currently has NYS pre-hospital certifications avilable to take will allow you to transfer credit over as long as you give them a course outline.

Nope it's plan as day if you take the class for credit's the state will not pay. No question's about. I know this first hand

Just Remeber Folks Go for the one without the college credits, Or the State will not pay for the corse. That is if you guys are have your Ambulance Core or Fire department Pay for it. If NOt go for the credits 5 an't that bad.

I don’t believe this is true because in the beginning of the course on the first day you fill out paper work that asks for your agency's ems # so that the state can reimburse it. Can anyone else confirm this because I am pretty sure the state will pay for the course (I only know this from WCC I don’t know about other locations). However in the beginning of the class the instructor said to fill out the some paper work so that you can get reimbursed.

yes, you fill out state paperwork and you can include your state designated agency code. The state will not automaticly reemburse you or your agency, you will have to give them a recipt (given to you at the day of your written exam) and from there, they will contact the state who will then provide the necessary documentation and then refund. It takes a while for this to go through. Ive been waiting since last year with a eta on the rufund sometime in Feb.

when you take the class you are eligible for 5 credits, but you have to pay for the credits. your instructor will tell you everything you need to know. i hope you get Mcveigh as your instructor, hes the best there is