Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cas2383

Tones

24 posts in this topic

I wasted sometime today and figured out a way to make pager tones on the computer, if anyone wants i can try to make their dept's tone single or dual tone for them as a wav file. If you want email me with the frequencies and i'll see what i can do.

Just thought it would be something fun to do and for you all to have fun with.

e-mail cas2383@aol.com RE: tone

I figured out a way too, what program are u using?

I turned my dept's tones into a ringtone for my nextel. Its fun to mess with people with. The second I hit it everyone gets excited then they give me death threats lol :unsure:

Edited by Porsha911gt3

I figured out a way too, what program are u using?

I turned my dept's tones into a ringtone for my nextel. Its fun to mess with people with.  The second I hit it everyone gets excited then they give me death threats lol :unsure:

how did you pull off turning your tones into a ringer?

find a tone generator(I used test tone generator 4), save each single tone as a wav file then use a wav compiler (wav joiner) to combine the two into one and it is done.

Edited by cas2383

I have a good portion of the counties tones saved as .wav files, and i can also splice a pager into the mix. As long as you have a ringtone loader such as webjal for nextels, it can be done very easily. PM me with your email address, and the tones you would like, and i'll see what i can do for you.

Also note: I cannot be held responsible for what anyone does with the tones once they have them!!!!

Also note: I cannot be held responsible for what anyone does with the tones once they have them!!!!

Neither can I.

oh that would be a GREAT way to screw with people in my dept, please PM me so i can do this!

oh that would be a GREAT way to screw with people in my dept, please PM me so i can do this!

be warned people will be very mad at you for doing it, but its fun lol

how did you pull off turning your tones into a ringer?

I use DBpoweraAMP and Webjal I can turn any audio file into a ringtone, so the tones are no different

Oh yea? Well, I can play tones on my guitar!! Who's the buff now?!?

But seriously, we are all incredibly sick individuals... :(

Oh yea?  Well, I can play tones on my guitar!!  Who's the buff now?!?

But seriously, we are all incredibly sick individuals...  :(

hey now, some of us just have a little bit too much free time on our hands.

I wasted sometime today and figured out a way to make pager tones on the computer, if anyone wants i can try to make their dept's tone single or dual tone for them as a wav file.  If you want email me with the frequencies and i'll see what i can do. 

Just thought it would be something fun to do and for you all to have fun with.

e-mail cas2383@aol.com RE: tone

you should waste your day on training, might learn something....lol

Does anybody know any tone frequencies for the tone pitch that they can name off the top of there head. If so please make a post. I would like to try this program and use the tones to make a Fire Powerpoint so the rigs can get disbatched. Not only that just to know them for myself.

Thanks to Who Responds to This

From,

:) Chris ;)

Well if you have a minitor 2 you can open your pager up and look at the tone frequency right off the crystals. If you have a newer pager you need a program to view them or youll have to ask around.

Check this site to see what I mean.

http://www.pwservice.com/tones.htm

Edited by cas2383

Does anybody know any tone frequencies for the tone pitch that they can name off the top of there head. If so please make a post. I would like to try this program and use the tones to make a Fire Powerpoint so the rigs can get disbatched. Not only that just to know them for myself.

Thanks to Who Responds to This

From,

:) Chris ;)

Check NF2G.com, they don't have westchester but they have almost every where else in NY

Well if you have a minitor 2 you can open your pager up and look at the tone frequency right off the crystals.  If you have a newer pager you need a program to view them or youll have to ask around.

Check this site to see what I mean.

http://www.pwservice.com/tones.htm

Yeah but I wouldn't want to take the pager apart and I dont plan on it. Not a very big risk taker.

Edited by N.R.F.D.~TL-11

Yeah but I dont want to take the pager apart ind a wont. Not a very big risk taker.

to take the pager apart it is just one screw and then u pull the top out of the housing and it should say it on the crystals on the left side of the pager

Does anyone knoe how to send and load wave files to a verizon phone?

Check NF2G.com, they don't have westchester but they have almost every where else in NY

Yeah, that site dosnt have westchester unfortunatly. ;)

Oh yea?  Well, I can play tones on my guitar!!  Who's the buff now?!?

But seriously, we are all incredibly sick individuals...  :angry:

Hey Steve,

Same here!!!

Try using a lot of chorus turned all the way up buy with only about a fourth of depth and ad some short delay and reverb. You can make some cool tones like that. If you want 2x2 tones, add a octave, or use a 5th, 7th or 9th of the main note.

As you can tell I have no life and work midnights!!!!!! <_<

For anyone who wants to make their tones, "Test Tone Generator" is the program I use, you can download a free 30 day Trial that will allow your to make a .wav file 3 seconds long with the tone you want, Then after that i use an audio editing program to splice the tones together.

Ok, now! Does anybody have a particular wav to midi converter they prefer?

wav to midi, doesn't work very well, thats if you can get it to work at all

You guys have way too much time on your hands- scary. Did you ever here of the boy who cried wolf. :rolleyes: