Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
z28skunk

FDNY work schedule

6 posts in this topic

I was just wondering what the FDNY work schedule was like. White Plains is 3 days on, 2 off, 3 on, 4 off. I was wondering if FDNY's is similar in any way

its called a 25 group chart , each member has a # ,1 thru 25 and works when that # is in for that day , they work 2- 9 hr day tours and 2 -15 hr night tours, they make 24 hr shifts by working with someone who is oposite there # to get a 24 , they will work a 24 and then have off anywhere for 2 to 4 days off. depanding on doing the first have or the 2nd have of the tours.

How does the White Plains system work? 3 days on, 2 off, 2 days and 4 off? Which are days and which are nights? You don't work 3 full 24 hr days ina row do you?

I was just wondering what the FDNY work schedule was like.  White Plains is 3 days on, 2 off, 3 on, 4 off.  I was wondering if FDNY's is similar in any way

the FDNY works on a 25 group chart. so if you work 2 night tours(15 hrs each tour) in a row you have a 72 hour leave after that you report in for 2 day tours(9 hours each tour) you then have a 48 hour leave. but if we want we are alowed a mutual partner . that allows us to work a 24. what that means is the brother opposite you by 12 or 13 groups works your tour and you work theres. for example if my group is 19 and i am scheduled to work friday night and saturday night and my partner is group 6 and he is scheduled to work saturday and sunday i will work my friday night his saturday and he will work my saturday night and his sunday . the night tour you work 4 nights later you will report back in for another 24. theres a lot more but that is the jist of it . theres up and downs and workin the "outsides" but we will keep it simple for you. any ?'s ask its real easy to work or not work!

White Plains works like this:

You work three consecutive 10 hour morning days from around 8am to around 6pm

Then you have 2 consecutive days off

You work three consecutive 14 hour night shifts from 6pm to 8am

Then you have 4 consecutive days off

Then the cycyle repeats itself thereafter

Edited by z28skunk