Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
z28skunk

Wow did anyone know this about Steve Buscemi

23 posts in this topic

He always made a point even before 9/11 to let everyone know he was a member oi FDNY prior to becoming famous.

I had no idea he was a retired(?) member of FDNY.

I don't think he retired, he is not that old, his acting career just took off.

He was a fireman from 1980-1984. He like Jack McGee(Otis from Backdraft, the BC from Rescue Me) went on to pursue acting. I think they both resigned as opposed to retired.

Thats pretty cool that an actor was once an FDNY ff! Where did he work in the city? Very cool :D

Engine 55 in Little Italy

Do you think that he couldn't work around the eight 24 hr tours he had to work a month? I would think he could have flown out to the west coast and auditioned for parts untill he got something steady. Just a thought. Very nice guy just that same.

I don't know if doing 24's was as big a thing back then as it is now. However, it's always nice to have a mutual partner so you can handle business outside of the job. BTW, Jack Mc Gee was in 51 Truck, 50 Truck and I think 60 Engine.

i read somewhere ( frogot where) that he is a volly where he lives...anyone know where?

Adam Sandler movies?

I think you have him confused with Rob Schneider.

This guy was in Fargo and a bunch of other movies but I don't recall him in any Adam Sandler movies although I could be wrong.

Adam Sandler movies?

I think you have him confused with Rob Schneider.

This guy was in Fargo and a bunch of other movies but I don't recall him in any Adam Sandler movies although I could be wrong.

He has been in several Adam Sandler movies, the only one that I can think of off of the top of my head is he was the bum in Big Daddy. He appears randomly in a lot of Adam Sandler's movies

He was also in Con Air, not with Sandler...

With Sandler he appeared in Big DaDDy, Mr Deeds,

My God people...he was on The Sopranos as Tony's cousin!! Remember?? Tony shot him in the head??!!!!!

He was in Billy Madison.........Billy (Adam Sandler) called him to apologize for being mean to him in H.S. Then, after accepting Billy's apology, he puts on lipstick and crosses Billy's name off the list of "people to KILL".......while ELO's "Telephone Line" plays in the background.......

He was in Billy Madison.........Billy (Adam Sandler) called him to apologize for being mean to him in H.S.  Then, after accepting Billy's apology, he puts on lipstick and crosses Billy's name off the list of "people to KILL".......while ELO's "Telephone Line" plays in the background.......

"I'm glad I called that guy..."

Don't forget Steve and Adam wee in teh Wedding Singer too.

Wasnt he also in Mr. Deeds(Adam Sandler) and the russian or some crazy guy in Armagedon???

Don't forget Steve and Adam wee in teh Wedding Singer too.

Sorry for the spelling mistakes, I though the edit went through.

I am a fireman in Cape Cod, I remember working off duty at a womans house in about 1989?...she had a daughter in law and son living in NYC at the time they were both actors.too...she said they had a friend who was an FDNY jake(Buschemi) who was having a hard time juggling his FD schedule and his acting roles too .....met him at the Leary fundraiser at the Hudson Hotel...he gave a shout out to all FDNY guys at the podium too...he seems to never have forgotten his roots to our fine calling....T

My bad..........

I do remember him in the Sandler movies now. He was also in Reservoir dogs. "Mr. Pink"