Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sbvfd596

Round Hill Fire Co

9 posts in this topic

Round Hill Vol Fire Co, recieved a new "patrol" or "utility" truck. It's a 2006 f550 powerstroke diesel walk in. It's got a generator, lights, trash pumps, and custom compartments which run on either side of the walk in body w/ hard suctions. It has led & whelen strobes. They don't know what they are going to call it yet, probably won't be in service for a while either. pics to come..

Sounds like a pretty sweet truck! Speaking of Round Hill- why is their tanker listed on the county apparatus roster? Is that the only rig from CT that is on the list?

Edited by BedfordFire

I think they are on the list because their tanker has a Westchester portable radio onboard. They do on occasion travel into North Castle and vice versa for mutual aid water.

They are sometimes called to Banksville or armonk fires. So they will need a ny raido to talk to them. Lets see some pics of the new Round Hill rig.

They are sometimes called to Banksville or armonk fires. So they will need a ny raido to talk to them.  Lets see some pics of the new Round Hill rig.

At the last locust road fire during the windstorm armonk's tanker, banksville's, and "THE HILL'S" were there, as well as another westchester truck, and one of the commissioners. Any clue why the Commissioner would show up at a ct job?

Maybe he likes to buff jobs

As far as I know some of the Commissioners are active members. Probably drove the tanker there.

I think he meant Weschester DES Commissioner Sutton