Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest MRK303

Train wreck SOP

7 posts in this topic

Does any department have an SOP for train wrecks if there are trains in your district? What would you do in case of a train wreck or derailment?

If metronorth runs through your area, get in touch with them. They are allways willing to help with planning and even drilling for any train or track related emergency.

Give Metor-North Safety Dept. a call ( ask for Don McClane). they have an office in the croton-harmon yard as well as NYC. they will also come to your dept. or somtimes set a class in a train yard so you can drill in and around a rail car.

Does any department have an SOP for train wrecks if there are trains in your district?  What would you do in case of a train wreck or derailment?

Call Chief Don Mclennan at his Croton Harmon office at 914-271-1608

Don't forget, any situation involving train tracks increases the hazards 100 fold. Don't just plan for the worse i.e. train derailment, plan for minor things as well, wires down, fire on or near engergized tracks, stuck train cars(with passengers on board),trees down,cars stuck near crossings etc. the better you plan with metro north (they know your procedures, you know thiers) the better and safer we all are.

Does any department have an SOP for train wrecks if there are trains in your district?  What would you do in case of a train wreck or derailment?

I would first be sure that you have already taken the State course #1605,Passenger Train Emergency Response, wihich by the way is being given on April !st at Camp Smith.

The program will present railroad charasticits to you as well as provide you with hands-on training on railroad equipment.

This training is reccomended for first due and mutual aide compainis as well.

If you ar enot there yet I suggest you get there!

Give me a call, we'll get you on the right TRACK!!

Don MacLennan, Fire Chief

MTA Metro-North

914-271-1608

Don,

is it true that 99.9 percent of all train wrecks occur on or near the tracks?