Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TAPSJ

Rombout New Engine and New Tower Ladder

7 posts in this topic

So I Posted It In Here. Rombout Is Located In THe Fishkill Area Of Dutchess County. Rombout Has Pictures and Drawings On Thier Web Site For Thier New Engine 62-11 and New Tower Ladder 62-45. I Will Post When Thier Are More Pictures On Thier Web Site. Hope You Enjoy. Let Me Know What You Think.

http://www.romboutfire.com/

Thomas

I have heard alot about the new Ladder, but I had no idea they were getting a new engine, looks nice [minus one thing] :P

I heard a while back that they were getting an E-One Bronto. Was there a change of plans, or was that just a rumor?

I heard a while back that they were getting an E-One Bronto.  Was there a change of plans, or was that just a rumor?

Personally, I Do Not Know. If Anyone Is Hear From Rombout, If They Can Answer That. I Will Try and Find Out For You.

Thomas

I heard a while back that they were getting an E-One Bronto.  Was there a change of plans, or was that just a rumor?

I Contacted Rombout and This Is Your Answer. "We were really leaning towards a 114 ft Bronto, but decided to go with the new 100 ft Sutphen SPH100. The new Sutphen should be delivered in April." Hope I Got You The Right Answer.

Thomas

I Contacted Rombout and This Is Your Answer. "We were really leaning towards a 114 ft Bronto, but decided to go with the new 100 ft Sutphen SPH100. The new Sutphen should be delivered in April." Hope I Got You The Right Answer.

Thomas

[/quot

Well I am a member of Rombout in Fishkill. The story behind the bronto is, the firefighters loved it and i really wish we would of gotten it, but the board, you no all the old timers that sit in there room. Those guys that dont like change said no they didn't like it, but my feeling on it is that we need change and what worked for them back in the day isent as good as the stuff we got to day.I'm not saying that the sph100 isn't a good truck because it is. The point i am trying to make is that why not get a truck that can better help us do our job, but they do see it like that. but all and all we get what we get. We will make do with what we get and they also didn't like the e-one but that is a whole differnt story. I hope that answers your question a little better.

Edited by rnfd62t