Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Pranks-What have you done?

10 posts in this topic

OK, So we all know there are some great stories about what we've done to each other in the name of humor and camraderie...(or so we say!)..........Anybody care to share a particularly amusing story? Names can be changed to protect the innocent, lol!

Back in the 80's before the Yorktown Heights Engine Co No 1 (aka West Somers Engine Co No 2) and the YHFD put additions on thier firehouses, Somers housed engine 279 (1959 Maxim) in Amawalk Firehouse, as a favor due to Yorktown's lack of space. Anyway, we sold her several times!

We would pull it out, and put a For Sale sign on it. We received numerous inquiries and I'm pretty sure we could have actually sold her a few times.

I think I may have a picture somewhere, maybe I find it one day!

:D:D

When I was a Volunteer 12 years ago for PFD, I played a prank on a Rookie Volly. We were a combo. paid/volunteer F.D. Anyway it was a slow day, and we hadn't had a call in about 9 hours. The Rookie was heading to the bathroom to take care of business. As he walked by me, he said: "Now watch us get toned out." That little light went on in my head. I told the paid crew what I had in mind. The Lt. agreed that we could do it. So we walked up to our Dispatcher, and told her to tone us out. She was able to do this without actually going over the radio. We went back to the living quarters, and the tones went off saying we had a structure fire. We all started yelling to the Rookie to come on. He came running out of the bathroom still pulling his pants up, and went running to the bay. We were all acting like we were bunkering out. The Rookie got fully bunkered, and jumped into his seat. SQUASH!!! :yikes: :yikes: He looked down and noticed we were all standing there laughing. We told him what we had done, and he said well I just ruined my drawers!! :oops: :oops: We all fell to the floor laughing so hard. :joy: :joy:

Task Force 7....thats too funny man! A little messed up to do maybe, but funny, definately! That reminds me of something a buddy of mine used to do. He was able to download pager tones on the computer at the Ambulance Corp. We would be there eating lunch, hanging out or whatever, and he would go on the computer, tune the speaker volume all the way up and play the tones! Man, he got me every time, no matter what, i always fell for it! =D>

As far as pranks my department (Buchanan FD) has pulled.....

We have always had an on-going prank with Verplanck FD (yeah, the ones with the slime-green trucks #-o lol). Both of our departments have always looked for ways to mess with each other. Verplanck FD has alot of Irish heritage & thier trucks bear shamrock & the Fightin' Irish decals. Well, for the longest time, Verplanck guys would pull a fast one and paint huge shamrocks on the apron of our firehouse, not to mention other FD's in the area! It wasn't enough for them to just do it any old time, they would do on say, the night before an inspection or parade or other special event lol! They would also pull this prank when we would call them to cover our house when we were on extended alarms. I am now convinced that they carry a can of green paint, a paint brush & a shamrock stencil on thier mutual-aid engine! Well, now to get into where we get our payback! For those of you who don't know, Buchanan FD's nickname is the "Maroon Platoon," for our maroon uniforms. So when Verplanck would paint these shamrocks, our guys from Buchanan would sneak onto thier apron late at night/early morning where they proudly display thier shamrock paintings. Ours guys would paint a huge circle around thier shamrock, with a slash through it, and paint in big, maroon letters "Maroon Platoon." This went on for years and years, although it really hasn't happened in awhile, so you never know when they're gonna strike! Well, they are hosting the Westchester County convention parade this year, so we'll see what happens lol! Thats just a way we have gone back and forth to mess with one another, and to show our comradarie lol!

Took me a while to think of a decent prank since I haven't had much time to pull any lately. One of my favorites is the following. Long before the days of 9/11 we'd always be neurotic about locking our rigs where I used to work. When we got to a hospital for a transport and another on of our rigs were there, we'd check the doors to see if they were open. If they were, we'd do the following. We'd grab the long orange "BLS" bag from the back (the type with the oxygen and all the supplies in it) and wrap it in the bright yellow turnout coats that we would carry. We would stand that up onright in the drivers seat and tape the arms of the turnout coat around the steering wheel. We would them ball up a blanket for the head and put the helmet on the top of the "body". Usually a particulate respirator with a smiley face on it would finish off the "driver" and we'd run away snickering. I've gotten quite a few interesting looks from both lay passers by and from the crews we pulled the prank on. It's been a while since I've done that. Maybe I'll have to do some sneaking in the near future.

(Even more effective would be to use a rescue randy for the dummy in the driver's seat. That would really freak out unsuspecting passersby. :-D)

WAS967...Its funny that you made mention of "Rescue-Randy." It made me think of another prank. Rescue-Randy is of course great for training purposes, however it can sure come in handy for a good prank, just ask our current chief lol! Lets see, Rescue-Randy has been seen all over the firehouse. Like the time he "showed up" in the drivers seat of the Chiefs vehicle late one night after drill. Think about it, its late and dark, and as you walk to your "secure" vehicle, there appears to be someone in it, kind of confusing! Ah yes, and "Randy" has also been known to hang out in the mens room. You can go ahead and try this yourself...just take rescue randy and place him on the old porcelain throne, turn off the lights, shut the door & wait for some baffled remarks lol!

Another prank i thought of....this one we actually did by mistake! One night we were conducting a search/rescue/mask-confidence drill upstairs in our meeting room. We used our new smoke machine (a.k.a. party-fogger lol), which actually works very well, and "smoked-out" the entire room. Well, as we finished an evolution, one of the ol'-timers came into the room. It was dark (lights were out) & "smokey," and all the guys were in an adjacent room. The ol' timer didn't see anyone, but saw lots of "smoke." He started hollering and carrying on, wanting to know where all the smoke was coming from. Well, we decided to play it out and since we were outside of the kitchen, we convinced him that one of the younger members decided to cook and started a kitchen fire. Well, it worked...i didn't know if he was going to run for the door or a fire extinguisher, or try and call 911 lol! Once we told him what it was, he got soo mad, called us all sorts of names and left the firehouse!

For those in EMS....

I have heard...

That it can be very humorous if while another crew is inside the ER, you kill their battery master switch, turn on the wipers, siren on yelp, and even some powder in the vents with the AC in the max position...and to top it off put a rubber band around the radio microphone...now you can drive away and hear the loud expletives and cursing of your handy work in a few minutes live over the air!

This is NOT my original idea, and im sure some have heard of this, but i feel it definetly deserves a spot in the prank mix...

Well those of you who know me, know I'm not much of a prankster, comedian or wise a$$. lol. he he. But some of the things I've done, or been a part of:

Hung an IV bag in the ceiling above a co workers head and put in on a steady drip once he fell asleep.

Put oral glucose on every item that the same coworker could possible touch.

Got quite a few coworkers in the shower with cold water, we had a slop sink with a long hose that just reached over the shower curtain. Secret here is you have to hit the ceiling with the water and time it so you know you they are soaped up. Then the cold water drips off the ceiling on them and they still have to rinse off.

Pretended I was the lab calling back to a coworker after he got an HIV test that they needed to redraw his blood for a 2nd test.

One stingy former coworker decided to buy ice cream for only himself. Ironically it was the same color as granulated garlic powder. It really was a masterpiece of how I got it to blend in with the ice cream. That was a look I'll never forget.

Shrunk wrapped a coworkers room. As well as toilet papered several rooms, cars etc. And the bunks at the VA were perfect heights for placing a co2 extinguisher under it and when you sit or lie down...vawhoosh.

Well I can keep going on...but I'll save a few for someone else.

Well,

I was a member of Peekskill Vac and we Never played any practical jokes..... Ever.

Humor should never be mixed with Guns and alcohol.

Now I work for an agency( some of you may know) that does not allow humor while we work. We are always serious and profesional.

Here's a reminder why you should never leave your cheifs car unlocked while you are in EMT class.

It seems that the hubcaps off a certain crown-vic went missing for a few days, funny that they were found in the trunk of that same car 3 days later.

Moral of the story, never leave your car unlocked and dont leave a flathead screwdriver in the glove box! Right 607???