Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

New Rochelle- New Rescue 4?

32 posts in this topic

Has New Rochelle ordered a new R-4 yet? If so, who won the bid?

Has New Rochelle ordered a new R-4 yet? If so, who won the bid?

I'll never tell....hehehehe :P

Oh Barry....did you see your picture from the gas explosion from 1991 on Orchard St yet...

Come on Cap!! us whackers.. uh, i mean enthusiasts, are dying to know!!!

I'll never tell....hehehehe :P

Why did you buy a used rescue that was siting at a shop somewhere in the county?????

:P

Sorry Barry, I had too. :D

Just kidin folks!

Why did you buy a used rescue that was siting at a shop somewhere in the county?????

:P Sorry Barry, I had too. :D Just kidin folks!

We wanted to, but they wanted to charge us three T-Shirts a the mark up was too high. We knew it was only worth one (plus a kids T-shirt for profit).

Oh Barry....did you see your picture from the gas explosion from 1991 on Orchard St yet...m

depends which one. A toke a few and saw a few. That was an interesting call, we were in our bunks in the garage on Ashburton and we were blown out of our beds, thought a truck hit our building.

Well, I guess it's not an American LaFrance, since I don't know if they're taking new orders yet. Maybe it's a Ferrara, since that is the dealer who previously has been working with NRFD. I'm interested to know, since there's a lot of apparatus manufacturers all of a sudden trying to enter the Westchester market lately......

What I want to know is the update information about the new Engine 25?

The heavy squad market seems to be cornered by Pierce and Seagrave these days. They're not cheap, but they are meeting the needs of departments that need a true heavy squad.

I heard that it will most likely be a Pierce.

Well Barry, I guess the cat is out of the bag now. If any one has direct info it's rfdu39.

Thanks Patrick

It's a good thing that someone here knew the answer, now NRFD does not need to make the tuff choice as to who to contract with....what a relief.

New Rochelle will make final choice on the new rescue on Monday will update then.

Spy Shot

New Rochelle FD

Rescue 4

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

post-3-1223102521.jpg

lol

Spy Shot

New Rochelle FD

Rescue 4

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

post-3-1223102521.jpg

lol

Sq51 (5-1=4), therefore Sq51 = R4 ;)

Sq51 (5-1=4), therefore Sq51 = R4 ;)

Johnny and Roy would be proud. :D

While taking a paramedic refresher (around 1986) at St Vincents in lower Manhattan, a group of us were waiting to go in to take the State Exam. A number of medics were in uniform and there were a number of amulances and official vehicles parked infront of the school of nursing. Johnny Gage (Randolph Mantooth) came walking up the other side of the street (he was living in NYC at the time). One of the medics called out "Look its John Gage.......He's the reason we all became medics" He start to cross the street coming toward us. Then another medic called out "its all his fault"....."Lets kill him" He stopped in his tracks, but quickly figured that the medic was joking.

Edited by Bnechis

The new rescue 4 will be built by super-vac most likely on a Spartan cab.

Perhaps something similar to this?

A Supervac body on a Spartan Chassis. R1 is powered by a 400 hp Cummins turbo diesel coupled to an Allison transmission. R1 is equipped with a preconnected Holmatro cutter, spreader and ram for use in vehicle extrication. It also carries a complete set of technical rescue equipment along with a PTO drive, AC generator and air compressor and has a command light on the roof for lighting. R1 holds 500 gallons of water, has a 1250 gpm pump along with all the tools needed to attack a structure fire.

post-80-1224100164.jpg

The new rescue 4 will be built by super-vac most likely on a Spartan cab.

Are you sure?....I thought we were buying a Pierce............

Perhaps something similar to this? A Supervac body on a Spartan Chassis. R1 is powered by a 400 hp Cummins turbo diesel coupled to an Allison transmission. R1 is equipped with a preconnected Holmatro cutter, spreader and ram for use in vehicle extrication. It also carries a complete set of technical rescue equipment along with a PTO drive, AC generator and air compressor and has a command light on the roof for lighting. R1 holds 500 gallons of water, has a 1250 gpm pump along with all the tools needed to attack a structure fire.

Nope. Thats an engine pretending to be a rescue.

We are getting a heavy rescue.

Now that my manufacturer question has been answered, I think, I have another one. You can have a great rescue truck- but will it be staffed and how/how many?

You can have a great rescue truck- but will it be staffed and how/how many?

It will be staffed by 168 members...just not all at the same time.

We are working on a staffing plan, when it is fully staffed will let everyone know.

We are working on a staffing plan, when it is fully staffed will let everyone know.

Awesome.....I'm sure it will be a great resource for the Sound Shore community. Between White Plains, Yonkers, and New Rochelle, Westchester is lucky to have some very well equipped and highly trained USAR units. I hope other departments keep them in mind for larger and complicated incidents.

So are we talking some additional hires? :D

Are you sure?....I thought we were buying a Pierce............

Apparently Pierce backed out so the order went to super vac who was had the second lowest price on the new truck. I heard this from a security guard at Iona who talks to the commissioner a lot.

Edited by rfdu39

Apparently Pierce backed out so the order went to super vac who was had the second lowest price on the new truck.

Wow, I learn so much on EMTBravo. Someone should let Pierce know, I'm sure they would find this news informative.

Seth (or any other staff) can we add a banner to this site: "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story"

LOL!!!!

Hey Capt, can the crew of 30A1 ride in the new Rescue?

:D

LOL!!!! Hey Capt, can the crew of 30A1 ride in the new Rescue? :D

Only if you can convince R-4's crew to cover 30A1....good luck

Wow, I learn so much on EMTBravo. Someone should let Pierce know, I'm sure they would find this news informative.

Seth (or any other staff) can we add a banner to this site: "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story"

so I wont get a Pierce tee shirt with the new rescue? damn and I needed it to fill out my collection