Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Lake Travis Fire-Rescue (Austin, TX) 2 New Engines & A Quint

15 posts in this topic

Lake Travis Fire Rescue (Austin, TX) has taken delivery of 2 new identical Spartan-Crimsons and a Pierce Velocity Quint recently. Some of the specs on the engine are really cool, and I will post them as I have time.

Engine 604:

post-11-1265477629.jpg

Quint 605:

post-11-126547765622.jpg

Engine 603:

post-11-126547769161.jpg

The back of Engine 604 (same as 603)

post-11-126547842379.jpg

with an automatic hose bed cover:

post-11-126547853235.jpg

post-11-126547859748.jpg

They are ALS First Response Engine Companies:

post-11-126547878342.jpg

They use Timberwolve mechanical sirens, which sound just as good and loud as Q's but draw less amps:

post-11-126547890427.jpg

On the Quint, the aerial can be fine-tuned from the pump panel when being used as an aerial master stream:

post-11-126547902128.jpg

Not apparatus related, but a bailout simulator at Q605's station:

post-11-126547921357.jpg

Both Engines have a light tower:

post-11-12654793642.jpg

Both engines also have remote control deckguns- that actually have a non-wired remote control.

post-11-126547951828.jpg

Booster reel and hydrant bag-booster reel can flow CAFS

post-11-126547965962.jpg

Kinda cool.....a compartment for the porta-foam thing....with an auto fill built into the compartment

post-11-126547983648.jpg

Built in donut roll holder on each side of the pump panel:

post-11-126547999522.jpg

The engineer has pull out trays with all of the fittings, tools, etc...

post-11-126548011934.jpg

Pull out drawer with some forcible entry equipment:

post-11-126548036423.jpg

Drivers side:

post-11-126548048638.jpg

CAFS at the flip of a switch for any attack discharge:

post-11-126548062327.jpg

Quint 605:

post-11-126548136997.jpg

Engine SCBA/O2 bottle storage (3 other similar wheelwell compartments on engine)

post-11-126548171492.jpg

Officers seat on the Engine:

post-11-126548191225.jpg

All foward facing seats on the Engine:

post-11-126548209997.jpg

Holomatro Extrication Equipment:

post-11-12654821945.jpg

Great looking rigs. I especially like the Quint! Best of luck with them.

Very nice trucks. I like how the tools are in the slide-out compartments, sitting down in foam. It is a good way to alleviate space on compartment floors.

Seth, nice pics as always and thanks for sharing.

I wasnt much of a Crimson fan, but some of these features are great. I like how the back step "extends" on the pumpers. Looks like it would make for easier/safer re-packing as well as pulling lines. I also like the automatic hose bed cover. I was going to mention the Timberwolf siren but you beat me to it lol. They seem to be very popular out west, but havent caught on here yet. I believe LA City has them on their ambulances.

Seth, is Lake Travis an independant FD or part of a County system?

Great looking pumpers and quint, best of luck to them.

very nice trucks. the Quint is sick! i like the layout as well. very sharp. good luck!

Seth, is Lake Travis an independant FD or part of a County system?

They are "Travis County Emergency Service District 6". They are an independent FD, but are all career with a minimum of 4 per engine. EMS is provided by the county (Austin-Travis County EMS). They are dispatched by Austin FD.

http://www.ltfr.org/public/

I wasnt much of a Crimson fan, but some of these features are great.

Crimson puts out a very highly customized and durable product at a reasonable cost, and are very popular here in Texas. Dallas FD's entire fleet is Crimson.

They are "Travis County Emergency Service District 6". They are an independent FD, but are all career with a minimum of 4 per engine. EMS is provided by the county (Austin-Travis County EMS). They are dispatched by Austin FD.

http://www.ltfr.org/public/

Crimson puts out a very highly customized and durable product at a reasonable cost, and are very popular here in Texas. Dallas FD's entire fleet is Crimson.

Seth, thanks for the quick replies. I was just curious as the rigs were lettered both "Lake Travis" and "Travis County." Sounds like they have a pretty good set-up.

I didnt realize that Dallas FD was all Crimson, very interesting.

I was curious about the hosebed on the quint, does anyone know by chance what the capacity of it is? And I agree with x365, though Pierce is my personal favorite, my department just bought a new Crimson rescue engine and it is very simple to operate, durable, and has plenty of storage space on a very short wheelbase (approx. 180-190", not sure exactly) with a 780 gallon tank (750 water/30 foam). Beautiful trucks though with a unique color scheme!

Beautiful Rigs! Nicely speced out too!

Nice! Only 1 question here. The hosebed cover is electric powered, do you know if there is an unlock in the event of failure that it can be removed easily by 1 or 2 FF in a rush?

I was curious about the hosebed on the quint, does anyone know by chance what the capacity of it is?

The Quint is 105' heavy duty ladder 2000GPM/500 Gal w a CAFS Foam system and a 515HP Detroit Diesel. I don't know that capcitiy of the hosebed but it does carry a large amount of LDH and attack line.

Nice! Only 1 question here. The hosebed cover is electric powered, do you know if there is an unlock in the event of failure that it can be removed easily by 1 or 2 FF in a rush?

The hosebed can be open both via the electric switch or manually. Also interesting to note, the custom LED arrowstick built into the hosebed goes into alternating mode when raised.......which also gives it the benefit of adding extra warning at a MVA scene.

Also, to note, Engine 605 was the first engine to arrive at the plane into the building call in Austin a couple of months ago.....it was partcipating in a weekly multi agency hazmat drill across the street.

Does Lake Travis Fire-Rescue have ambulances? Or do they just send an engine on another agencies EMS calls, I noticed the EMS supplies in one of the pictures. Do they staff FF/EMT or FF/Paramedics? Thanks

Does Lake Travis Fire-Rescue have ambulances? Or do they just send an engine on another agencies EMS calls, I noticed the EMS supplies in one of the pictures. Do they staff FF/EMT or FF/Paramedics? Thanks

EMS via double Medic ALS Ambulances is provided by Austin-Travis County EMS (county based municpal EMS system) and Lake Travis Fire Rescue is considered a first response agency. Depending on staffing, they can run ALS or BLS. Often, they'll get ALS care started immediately if needed, however response times for EMS are pretty quick.

EMS via double Medic ALS Ambulances is provided by Austin-Travis County EMS (county based municpal EMS system) and Lake Travis Fire Rescue is considered a first response agency. Depending on staffing, they can run ALS or BLS. Often, they'll get ALS care started immediately if needed, however response times for EMS are pretty quick.

Thanks!