Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Tony's back.....(The Sopranos!)

15 posts in this topic

He's back for the last season this coming Sunday on HBO @ 2100 !!!

For those of you who may be unfamiliar with the main players, I've taken the liberty to reprint this from MSNBC.com (photos from HBO.com):

post-839-1142029907.jpg

Tony Soprano:

He’s the kind of guy who names his boat “The Stugots.†He’s got brass ones, but the acting boss of the family also constantly questions his own ruthlessness. Though he began therapy for panic attacks, he reveres, as he often says, the strong silent type — “like Gary Cooper.†He cheats on his wife and has the hots for his therapist. He can whack somebody while visiting colleges with his daughter, and be thrown into boyish daydreaming by a flock of ducks.

post-839-1142029916.jpg

Carmela Soprano:

Interesting taste in men: likes mobsters, high school teachers and men with ponytails — a veritable triumvirate of hotness. But after two seasons centered on Carmela’s separation from Tony, she’s taken him back, thanks largely to a new beach-front house. She knows enough about what her husband does to know she doesn’t want to know.

post-839-1142029932.jpg

Meadow Soprano:

Tony’s little girl, no matter her having recently graduated Columbia University and gotten engaged. Her fiance: an aspiring dentist named Finn. Yes, that’s right, an aspiring dentist named Finn. The romance clearly doesn’t fit the family and has all the makings of something that will crash and burn. Meadow is a burgeoning beauty who has used her brains to escape her family. Whether she’ll remain the one uncorrupted product of Tony’s life will be something to watch for. If not, Tony can fuhgeddabout any peace of mind.

post-839-1142029945.jpg

A.J. Soprano:

Tony will get no such satisfaction from his son. The whining pip-squeak is too encased in comfy suburbia for mob life and too dimwitted for anything beyond a third-rate college. So what job does A.J. want? Party planner! Marone!

post-839-1142029963.jpg

Corrado “Junior†Soprano:

Junior ran Northern New Jersey before Tony took over, and he still is a figurehead. Call it mafia royalty. He’s due for a retrial (the first trial was thrown out after jury tampering), and has been slowly losing his wits to old age. He and Tony’s mother, Livia, earlier conspired to have Tony killed. Tony knows who was behind the failed attempt and swore off his mother before she died; he’s been more forgiving of Junior.

post-839-1142030154.jpg

Janice Soprano:

Janice, like her mother did, breathes fire. Tony’s big sister is now married to Bobby Baccala, the gentle giant capo. Hopefully, he’ll fair better than her previous husband, Richie Aprile, whom she killed after he hit her. She has a vaguely hippie past and once tried to kick-start a career in Christian rock music.

post-839-1142030166.jpg

Christopher Moltisanti:

Tony’s nephew has got to be singin’ the blues: “My baby went away, and I’ve got that feelin’ that my baby’s gone to stay.†His fiance, Adriana La Cerva, was killed late last season after he discovered she was ratting to the FBI. Christopher, who has struggled with a heroin addiction, earlier tried his hand at writing the next “Goodfellas,†but his future is more likely heir apparent to his uncle.

post-839-1142030198.jpg

Dr. Jennifer Melfi:

Melfi’s yuppie Italian-American life counters the stereotype of the Sopranos. As Tony’s therapist, she has a unique window into the mind of a murderer — a position of some discomfort to Melfi. She finds Tony’s livelihood odious, but after a man who raped her got out of jail time, she admitted feeling comforted knowing Tony would “squash†him “like a bug†if she wanted.

post-839-1142030214.jpg

Paulie “Walnuts†Gualtieri:

Seldom seen without a comb. Paulie is a longtime capo to Tony, but has a violent, independent streak. When Tony lowered his earnings, Paulie secretly tried to switch to the New York family; that backfired, and he’s now back in the fold. For Paulie, never known for his brains, a lot of things “don’t compute.â€

post-839-1142030721.jpg

Johnny “Sack†Sacramoni:

Johnny Sack is an angry fellow who will not abide jokes about his overweight wife, Ginny. Johnny Sack became the head of the New York family after the death of Carmine Lupertazzi. A war between Tony and Johnny seemed imminent after an unauthorized murder committed by Tony’s cousin, Tony Blundetto, but Tony cleared that up by killing his relative and lifelong friend. He and Johnny Sack were just patching things up when the police swooped in to arrest Johnny in the season five finale.

Edited by hoss

You forgot one important individual (and probably my favorite character) in the show, Silvio Dante. None other than Stevie Van Zant AKA Little Steven of E. Street Band fame amongst other ventures. He is also the producer of Sirius Satellite Radio's Channel 25, Underground Garage.

silvio.jpgth-StevenVanZ_Wargo_5578472_400.jpg

Edited by TRUCK6018

TRUCK6018, I'm guilty as charged, thanks for posting Silvio, a great actor and musician. He's also Tony's most faithful lieutenant...

AND,

let me not forget the "wild card" in this game, PHIL LEOTARDO:

post-839-1142038970.jpg

Edited by hoss

Lets take a pole , who do you think is gonna get clipped first???

This is not the last season. They have filmed 21 episodes 13 will air this season and 8 will air early next year. But this may be the last of the filming.

out of the main crew of actors i haqve to say either paulie or phil will get whacked first

Phil in the "over and under" He's gone by episode 6

This show is still on the air....long time between seasons huh? It went way down hill after season 2.

:D I think johnny sac is gonna get it?

It was Crazy Last Night!

The Last 5 Minutes were Nutz, I wont spoil it!

I agree, what a monster ending for the very 1st episode of the 6th season !!!! I'm hooked!!! B)B)

Edited by hoss

:lol: Is anyone out there as big a fan of meadow as I am yowser!!!

:lol: Is anyone out there as big a fan of meadow as I am yowser!!!

Loved the strip tease!!!!

Yes, Meadow has grown up...... :lol:

Loved the strip tease!!!!

I have a new happy place LOL!!!