Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

The Cops Are Chasing Me in a WHAT?!

7 posts in this topic

capt.rom12005131656.italy_police_supercar_rom120.jpg

The newest car to be used by Italian Police is seen in this photo made available by Italian police Thursday, May, 13, 2004. This high performance 2-seater Laborghini Gallardo car, using a V10 cylinder DOHC four valve V90 5 liter, 500 Hp engine, can reach the top speed of 309 km/h (192 Mph). The car, received by Italian Police as a gift from the Italian car factory, will be used along highways in southern Italy. (AP Photo/Italian Police)

The Cops Are Chasing Me in a WHAT?

Fri May 14,10:16 AM ET 

ROME (Reuters) - If you are thinking about speeding on Italian highways this year, think twice. You might find yourself being chased by a Lamborghini. 

Italian police took possession Friday of a sleek, 500 horsepower, two-seater Lamborghini Gallardo, which can hit a top speed of 185 miles per hour. 

The sports car, painted in the police's distinctive blue and white colors, comes complete with a flashing blue light on the roof and will initially patrol the Salerno-Reggio Calabria motorway -- a road notorious in Italy for wild driving. 

The Lamborghini will also be used to transport human organs for emergency operations. 

One word. SWEET

Can anyone see a fire chief driving one of these? I wonder where they found the room for a radio in there let alone a siren............

With the speed that thing goes you don't need a siren OR a radio. By the time you hear the siren it's already on top of you, and the car will be able to travel to the reciever of any transmissions the radio puts out before the guy even hits the transmit button. :twisted:

I saw one of these new Lamborghini's here in Highland Park. It must be nice to have money to waste on a Lamborghini. :roll: :roll: :-P :-P

"Headquarters to Harry 1"

"Harry 1"

"What is your location?"

"HRP SB by I684"

"Can you check for a disabled vehicle in the right lane?"

"Negative HQ, already in New Rochelle."

:roll:

After being recalled to Active Duty and serving in Italy for a year in 2001-2002, and seeing how they drive and the speed limits (not!!) you'll know why they need that type of a pursuit car.

They have the Autostrade, which is the same as the AutoBahn in Germany. It seemed like the minimum speed limit was 100+ MPH.

The Salerno-Reggio Calabria motorway is exactly where I was, just outside Naples, and I saw numerous fatal car accidents while I was there. That roadway is an extention of the Autostrade.

You think 684 is bad, try keeping up on the Salerno-Reggio Calabria motorway in a US made car!

The Italian Polizia's normal patrol cars are Alfa-Romeo's, in fact so were the US Navy's!