The Newest Toy: Uniden BCD996T

9 posts in this topic

So what buff's plan on buying this baby

I have heard that the base price will be between $500 and $600

Bcd996t.gif

Dynamic allocation.

400 Systems, 6000 Channels*

* Creation of systems and channel groups use channel slots,

so the actual total channel count will be less than 6000.

Maximum Systems: 400

Maximum Channel Groups per System: 20

Maximum Channels in a Trunked System: 200

Maximum Channels in a Conventional System: Limits of memory

* Creation of Systems and Channel Groups use some channel slots,

so the total number of channels could be less than 6000.

* Search with Scan

* Temporary Lockout

* 100 System/Site Quick Keys + 10 Group Quick Keys per System

* Startup Configuration – lets you set systems

to be automatically locked or unlocked during power-up.

* Single-Handed Function Operation

* Priority Scan

* Priority Plus

* Channel Alert

* Dropout Delay

* Attenuator

* Repeater Reverse

* Quick Recall – quickly navigates to a specific Channel

by choosing the System, Group, and Channel.

* Weather and SAME Alert

* 10 Custom Search Ranges

* Service Search – Public Safety, News, HAM Radio, Marine, Railroad, Air, CB Radio, FRS/GMRS, Racing, TV Broadcast, FM Broadcast, Special, Military Air

* Tone Search – Rapidly searches for the CTCSS/DCS used during a transmission.

* Fire Tone-Out

* Frequency Autostore

* ID Autostore

* Quick Search

* “SOFT” Search Keys – let you assign search ranges to front-panel keys.

* 200 Search Lockouts

* Alpha Tagging – For System, Group, Channel, Talkgroup ID, Custom Search Range and SAME Group. The scanner allows up to 16 characters for each name.

* Duplicate Input Alert

* Data Skip

* Broadcast Screen – sets the scanner to ignore hits on Pager, FM, UHF TV, VHF TV, NOAA WX and custom band frequencies.

* Trunk Tracking – supports the following systems:

Motorola: Type I 800 / Type II 800, 900, UHF, VHF, P25

EDACS: WIDE, NARROW, SCAT, LTR

* APCO Project 25 Decoder – lets you listen to digitalized voice data that is compliant with the APCO Project25 standard.

* APCO Auto Adjust Threshold

* Multi-Site Trunking – allows independent system sites to share common talk group channel lists.

* Control Channel Only mode

* Two-Color LCD and Keypad Backlight – select red or green backlighting.

* Independent Alert Tone Volume – lets you set the volume level of the following tones:

Key Beep, Emergency Alert, Channel Alert, and Close Call Alert.

* Key Lock

* Close Call RF Capture

* Close Call Do-Not-Disturb – sets Close Call RF Capture to operate

only when no transmission is being received.

* Close Call Temporary Store – automatically saves and scans the last 10 Close Call hits.

* PC Control

* Wired Cloning

* On-Air Programming

* Scan Speed – 100 CH/Sec. in Scan Mode (max)

* Search Speed / Turbo Search – 100 Steps/Sec. in Search Mode (max) - except for 5 kHz step. 300 Steps/Sec. in Search Mode (max) - (Turbo Search) - for 5 kHz step

* Memory Back Up

* Trunking Activity Indicators

* Audio AGC

* Location-Based Scanning – Each system can include latitude, longitude, and range information and can be automatically enabled/disabled when a GPS is connected

and the unit is within the defined range of the system.

* Non-Radio Location-Based Features – the scanner can include location alerts (that sound alert tones when the unit approaches a defined latitude/longitude) and speed-trap alerts (that sound alert tones if the unit is traveling at > than a set speed limit while it is within a grid area).

* GPS Display Mode – displays location and travel information based on the GPS input.

GPS Features

The scanner will not include a GPS Receiver, an add-on GPS receiver will be required. Users will be able to define a LAT/LONG centerpoint for any system (conventional or trunked) and a range (in miles) that specifies the boundaries in a square box specifying where to turn the system on/off.

With the release of the scanner, the radioreference.com database (RRDB) will have the ability to store the Lat/Long/Range settings for conventional subcategories and trunked system sites.

I didn't win the Megamillions last week so I ordered the RadioShack Pro 2055 today. Regular price $230, on sale till the 4/29 for $150.

FYI if you have to order it at a store tell the sales rep it is on sale. The one I had to deal with was going to sell it to me for the regular price till I told him it is on sale, then he clicked to another screen and the sale price was there.

will need 2nd job to buy that radio, and 2 weeks of schooling on how to use it :lol:

Edited by maximbull

If you want to lend me the cash, money bags then I'll buy it in a few weeks when it comes out or if you want to buy it for me I'll be nice and give you my 330T. :lol::D

Edited by Porsha911gt3

Sweet Jesus thats awsome looking. i need to get a better job so i can get one :-)

I have been thinking, why would they put a GPS in them if they are illegal to operate in a vehicle :lol: (At least in NY)

That is AWESOME! Just when you thought they could not add anymore features to a scanner!!!!

Wow, Awsome. I Didnt know Uniden made Desktop scanners, I thought they only made the portable Handheld ones. Anyway, Thats a cool scanner.