Followers 0

How fast EMS arrives depends on where you live

21 posts in this topic

How fast an ambulance arrives depends on where you live

By ELIZABETH GANGA

eganga@lohud.com

THE JOURNAL NEWS

Emergency response times, by town

Response-time percentages in 2005 for the eight towns in the northern Westchester advanced life support consortium.

3 4-6 7-9 Total to 10-12 13-15 16-18 19+

Town min. min. min. 9 min. min. min. min. min.

Pound Ridge 4 6 17 27 32 26 13 3

North Castle 3 9 25 37 37 14 9 3

North Salem 4 12 36 52 29 15 3 2

New Castle 5 20 37 62 23 8 4 3

Lewisboro 9 24 31 64 21 10 3 3

Somers 9 26 36 71 16 7 3 3

Bedford 10 28 35 73 20 4 1 1

Mount Kisco 31 41 16 88 7 3 1 1

Note: The response times provided are from the time of dispatch by Westchester County Emergency Services to arrival on the scene. Calls to 911 first go to the local police departments, which then call the county if advanced life support is needed. Columns may add up to more than 100 due to rounding.

(Original publication: April 24, 2006)

A person having a heart attack, bleeding from a severe cut or injured in a car wreck in Pound Ridge had to wait more than nine minutes for help from a highly trained paramedic in nearly three out of every four calls for help in 2005. In Somers, the medic arrived within nine minutes in more than half the calls.

By contrast, in Mount Kisco, paramedics came in less than nine minutes nearly 90 percent of the time.

Those three towns and five others are served by Westchester EMS, a nonprofit paramedic service run by a group of hospitals, including Northern Westchester Hospital and White Plains Hospital Center. Together, as a consortium, the towns pay about $1.5 million a year for three paramedic cars to respond to emergencies when advanced medical help is needed.

But how fast that help arrives depends on where you live.

Longer response times for some areas are an acknowledged reality when eight towns covering hundreds of square miles share three paramedics. But one of the towns — New Castle — has launched a debate on response times by asking whether it should pay for quicker responses by hiring its own paramedic service.

"To me, a lot of it boils down to common sense," New Castle Supervisor Janet Wells said.

A strategically placed "fly" car could reach patients faster than one serving many towns, she said.

The New Castle Town Board is expected to decide tomorrow whether to stay with Westchester EMS or sign a contract with Empress Ambulance Service, a private company based in Yonkers. The consortium's contract with Westchester EMS will expire in the summer and the town has until the end of the month to decide whether to withdraw from it.

Empress said it could provide one paramedic, 24 hours a day, for between $328,000 and $357,000 a year, depending on the level of liability insurance the town requires. The company estimated it could recoup about $125,000 for the town through billing. New Castle is paying almost $267,000 to the consortium this year but recently negotiated a lower share of the cost. Westchester EMS has also begun setting up a system to bill insurance companies and has offered to work to improve response times.

Volunteer ambulance companies send emergency medical technicians to emergencies. They can provide basic life support, and the volunteers transport the patient to the hospital. The paid paramedics arrive separately. They have a higher level of training and can give medications, start intravenous lines and take other invasive measures.

The paramedics took 21 minutes to arrive at Dani Marcus' house on Hardscrabble Road in New Castle on April 6 when her 53-year-old husband, Robert Marcus, was having an allergic reaction to an antibiotic he took to fight his pneumonia. But an EMT and police arrived in about four minutes. In the confusion, it seemed quick.

"They saved his life," she said.

It's unclear how the vote will go tomorrow. Wells has clearly favored dedicated paramedics for New Castle, but Councilwoman Barbara Gerrard has said she thinks current response times are satisfactory. Councilman John Buckley said he was weighing all the factors, including, but not limited to, response time and cost.

Many Chappaqua Volunteer Ambulance Corps members have urged the town to stay with Westchester EMS, but others have urged the town to leave the consortium.

Dr. Mark Silberman, a Chappaqua resident who is an emergency physician and teaches paramedics, said that, when he had a serious emergency, he put a family member in the car and drove to the hospital rather than wait for paramedics.

"We're getting like a third of a paramedic is what we're getting for our money," he said.

this whole situation is really interesting.

I'm somewhat amazed by the price tag for 1 24hr paramedic... wonder what a further cost break down would look like for that type of figure... not saying it's off, just personally curious.

21 minutes is rather insane for a paramedic response... for a place like New Castle... NWMC is all of 20min tops to the farthest areas responding to the hospital... heak, WMC is 20min from certain locations. When you need ALS, you use the closest resource... the system's is designed so that the paramedic's the closest, but EMTs should not be sitting at a scene waiting for a medic that's 20min away when a hospital may be 10min away... start for the hospital, if the medic can meet you half way, good... if not, get your butt to the hospital.

If new castle is to get their own fly car, obviously Westchester EMS's response time will go down since they don't have to respond to Westchester.

The question is though... is having a paramedic closer by a better option - or is changing protocols and doing things such as getting to a hospital faster the first step? Is your call a "stay and play" or a "load and go" call???? If your pt is unstable and you know als is far out... get them to a point where you can get them on a stretcher, and go. Don't do your evaluation in the pt's home if you can get them into your rig, get them in the bus and start your driver driving while you do your assessment.

Either way - I’m not for or against this... I just think a lot of issues are to be raised that might not be looked into because it's new castle (nothing against new castle) and the money's in the budget and can be spent if it needs to be.

I feel having a medic closer is always a better option espeically when dealing with cardiac, respratory and allergic issues to name a few. I also feel at times EMT's tend to hesitate to transport because they know the medic is on the way. I believe in NYS protocols it says not to delay transport.

I've gotta say that those are some pretty dismal response times and something needs to be changed, but I don't think the answer is a change in protocols as Mikeinet suggests. In many situations, it would be dangerous to "load and go" and delay the administration of ALS. In many cases, a medic can do exactly what will be done in the ER, but, since they're coming to the scene, they should be able to do it much faster. I know that NYS protocols say not to delay transport, but, if the hospital was in the opposite direction of the way the medic was coming and I had to choose to wait on scene for five more minutes for a medic or 20 minutes to get to WMC, I'm taking the medic in a heartbeat in many situations. There are many situations (cardiac problems, severe respiratory distress, etc.) where the prompt administration of ALS could save a life. Honestly, in many situations, I'd rather wait on scene for 5-8 minutes for a medic than get the patient in the truck and wait 20 minutes for an ER. An unstable trauma pt with ALS still a good distance away would be a good candidate for "load and go," but many severe medical problems need ALS as soon as possible and, for the initial life-saving treatments, a medic can be as good as an MD.

Case in point, my EMT instructor was telling me that he had a patient who coded in the ambulance bay of an ER. What did he do? He rushed her into the ER, right? Nope. Rather than delaying treatment for several minutes by taking the pt inside, he shocked her right there and saved her life. He delivered the same advanced treatment as the ER would have, but he was able to do it faster.

Getting the patient to the ER faster means nothing if he's dead when you get there

Edited by bennybomb

I think Mrs wells should be congratulated for being brave enough to take on this topic. Now from the news papers figures average response times for a medic in New Castle is 20 minutes. Adding up all times divide by 8 = 20 minutes. One full time medic in town 24/7 higher price quoted of 357,000 - 125,00 billing = 232,000 Better service less money. As far as dispatch goes, let that medic have a PD radio then they can go at the same time.

Hey guys -

Just a question regarding the protocols. If it is a serious situation, can the ambulance start to the hospital and intercept with the medic? This would seem to cut down time as well! The other thing is that in my opinion the 300-400 grand a year for medic service is a small price to pay for the life-saving service. When we talk about millions here and there being thrown around in government today, I think people should understand that this is money worth spending!

Hey guys -

Just a question regarding the protocols. If it is a serious situation, can the ambulance start to the hospital and intercept with the medic? This would seem to cut down time as well! The other thing is that in my opinion the 300-400 grand a year for medic service is a small price to pay for the life-saving service. When we talk about millions here and there being thrown around in government today, I think people should understand that this is money worth spending!

Three words load and go, or never delay transport. I am sure everyone tries their best but alas politics gets in the way as will be demonstrated tomorrow night when the Town Board of New Castle votes not to go with the 5 min response times and dedicated town medic at a cost close to sharing one. four to one. The poor supervisor tried her best...as did MDs and Professors.

Ziggy, its quite apparent that by your frequent posts on this issue that you want people to hear only one side of the issue. Although a dedicated medic is always a great thing to have, I think we should take a look at some of the other issues involved. Especially since you seem to be, judging by your previous posts anti-WEMS more then pro dedicater flycar. You state that a dedicated medic would be the best and cost the same, but you fail to give facts. With the other proposal, who would provide the ALS equipment and vehicles? Is that included in the cost of a dedicated medic? If another medic is needed in the town, where would it come from? Mutual Aid? WEMS has 2 other medics available, and sometimes more, which is handy when you need an extra set of ALS hands. Is there a decent enough call volume in New Castle to keep the medics on this car proficient? Who would these medics be? And what about OVAC, are their response times also a problem? And why would fragmenting EMS even more in this county be beneficial? And could New Castle even get a Certificate Of Need? Are you even taking into account that other systems you are comparing this one too have more volume and a smaller area to cover. WEMS covers a HUGE area, and an area with not a tremendous volume of ALS calls. WEMS is also based in the area it serves.

As for people saying "ALS, ALS!", what happened to strong BLS? And isn't Chappaqua not that far from Northern Westchester? Sitting on scene with a patient having a heart attack awaiting ALS should be criminal...ever hear of time is muscle and a cardiac cath?

Let's also not forget that sometimes the PD calls for the medic several minutes after dispatching BLS, and I've also witnessed the medic get on scene minutes before the ambulance on numerous occasions. The medic should be dispatched simultaneously with the ambulance, but isn't and thats a factor in response times......yet thats not even mentioned. Interesting.

N1Medic, you are absolutely right! BLS has, does and will ALWAYS come before ALS. Having a strong and competent BLS response is just as important as a strong and competent ALS response.

I don't think anyone here is anti-WEMS. The town is just exploring its options as far as providing the best EMS service it can to its residents. Full time paramedics aren't cheap and neither is ALS gear or a vehicle but the reality of today's EMS system is such that it might be best to pay a little more to get the service you want. If a dedicated fly car for the town saves even one life then its worth every tax payer dollar spent.

As far as getting a CON. Municipalities typically do not have problems getting them and any commercial service who has operating authority in that part of the county can staff the medic fly car.

I think this is a bit of an eye opener in terms that one of the richest counties in the country still is having problems with such an essential service as EMS.

Ziggy, its quite apparent that by your frequent posts on this issue that you want people to hear only one side of the issue. Although a dedicated medic is always a great thing to have, I think we should take a look at some of the other issues involved. Especially since you seem to be, judging by your previous posts anti-WEMS more then pro dedicater flycar. You state that a dedicated medic would be the best and cost the same, but you fail to give facts. With the other proposal, who would provide the ALS equipment and vehicles? Is that included in the cost of a dedicated medic?  If another medic is needed in the town, where would it come from? Mutual Aid? WEMS has 2 other medics available, and sometimes more, which is handy when you need an extra set of ALS hands.  Is there a decent enough call volume in New Castle to keep the medics on this car proficient?  Who would these medics be? And what about OVAC, are their response times also a problem?  And why would fragmenting EMS even more in this county be beneficial? And could New Castle even get a Certificate Of Need? Are you even taking into account that other systems you are comparing this one too have more volume and a smaller area to cover. WEMS covers a HUGE area, and an area with not a tremendous volume of ALS calls.  WEMS is also based in the area it serves.

As for people saying "ALS, ALS!", what happened to strong BLS? And isn't Chappaqua not that far from Northern Westchester?  Sitting on scene with a patient having a heart attack  awaiting ALS should be criminal...ever hear of time is muscle and a cardiac cath?

Let's also not forget that sometimes the PD calls for the medic several minutes after dispatching BLS, and I've also witnessed the medic get on scene minutes before the ambulance on numerous occasions.  The medic should be dispatched simultaneously with the ambulance, but isn't and thats a factor in response times......yet thats not even mentioned.  Interesting.

First I am anti the business end. I know the medics and they are great so don't put words in my mouth or imply that I have any negative feeling towards any medic.

As for the proposal if you were familiar with RFPs they respond with a price for the service that includes a medic WITH equipment AND a car for 328,000 with 5 minute response times versus what the management of WEMS provides at 505,000 per car and 12 mins system wide 80% of the time. See a difference in services provided.

If another medic is needed refer to mutual aid policy. It would actually be better because now the Town would automatically go the CLOSEST available medic and not call out one of the other WEMS medics who may not be as close resulting in those 20 min response times the paper noted.

A well experienced medic in the system with 2-3 years of busy 911 paramedic experience will have no problem maintaining their skills. Plus systems like Empress have you rotate thru the busy areas when you do cover a flycar. Does WEMS administative policy have new medics with less than a year experience in a busy 911 system working the flycars? I have been to the medic classes/practicals and know who is fresh out of class with the ink still wet on their cards.

OVAC has response times that are 6 mins or less and I know that because I work there.

Any municipality can get a CON...check the NYS EMS website for further info.

"And why would fragmenting EMS even more in this county be beneficial?"-Every municipality should have their own services. Having a unified dispatch with trained EMD would address the fragmentation issue unless you went to a county based system. Having a car dedicated to a Town for example like the Town of Pelham with 7000 people and 3 sq mi would ensure appropriate response times and minimize suffering, death, and disability.

"WEMS covers a HUGE area, and an area with not a tremendous volume of ALS calls" Not sure what your point here is....and does that mean you have trouble maintaining your ALS skills? And the fact that it is huge is another issue. There should be more cars covering that large an area.

Anyway BLS before ALS and you are right NO ONE SHOULD SIT ON SCENE....saying it is one thing but getting people doing it is another. "awaiting ALS should be criminal...ever hear of time is muscle and a cardiac cath?". maybe you didnt know this but I am a medic and yes I have heard the expression time is muscle...and NYS says DO NOT DELAY TRANSPORT.

"Let's also not forget that sometimes the PD calls for the medic several minutes after dispatching BLS, and I've also witnessed the medic get on scene minutes before the ambulance on numerous occasions. The medic should be dispatched simultaneously with the ambulance, but isn't and thats a factor in response times......yet thats not even mentioned. Interesting." AND TO FINALIZE THIS POST THIS IS WHY A DEDICATED SERVICE IS NEEDED SO YOU HAVE SOMEONE WHO RESPONDS SIMULTANEOUSLY WITH THE DISPATCH OF THE AMBULANCE AND ELIMINATE ANY DELAYS OR CONFUSION. AND YES THEY WOULD ALWAYS GET TO THE SCENE BEFORE THE AMBULANCE SINCE MOST TOWNS ARE STAFFED WITH VOLUNTEERS WHO RESPOND FROM HOME.

THE END

N1med I am not anti WEMS, But pro EMS, The price WEMS charges is way to much for the service provided and they also bill patients. Do I think New Castle needs a dedicated fly car no. By New Castle raising the Questions they have already provided a better service for thier town. A better price and talk of adding an extra fly car. Probrably work out to be on the road in the busier time frame. If New Castle did get thier own fly car Mutual Aid is very simple. We give mutual aid when all requesting towns resources are in use and ask when all New Castle resources are busy. Not when you are unable to get a crew.

N1med  I am not anti WEMS, But pro EMS, The price WEMS charges is way to much for the service provided and they also bill patients. Do I think New Castle needs a dedicated fly car no. By New Castle raising the Questions they have already provided a better service for thier town. A better price and talk of adding an extra fly car. Probrably work out to be on the road in the busier time frame. If New Castle did get thier own fly car Mutual Aid is very simple. We give mutual aid when all requesting towns resources are in use and ask when all New Castle resources are busy. Not when you are unable to get a crew.

I don't believe they bill....and yes they do charge way to much like over 500,000 per car

Ziggy, its quite apparent that by your frequent posts on this issue that you want people to hear only one side of the issue. Although a dedicated medic is always a great thing to have, I think we should take a look at some of the other issues involved. Especially since you seem to be, judging by your previous posts anti-WEMS more then pro dedicater flycar. You state that a dedicated medic would be the best and cost the same, but you fail to give facts. With the other proposal, who would provide the ALS equipment and vehicles? Is that included in the cost of a dedicated medic?  If another medic is needed in the town, where would it come from? Mutual Aid? WEMS has 2 other medics available, and sometimes more, which is handy when you need an extra set of ALS hands.  Is there a decent enough call volume in New Castle to keep the medics on this car proficient?  Who would these medics be? And what about OVAC, are their response times also a problem?  And why would fragmenting EMS even more in this county be beneficial? And could New Castle even get a Certificate Of Need? Are you even taking into account that other systems you are comparing this one too have more volume and a smaller area to cover. WEMS covers a HUGE area, and an area with not a tremendous volume of ALS calls.  WEMS is also based in the area it serves.

As for people saying "ALS, ALS!", what happened to strong BLS? And isn't Chappaqua not that far from Northern Westchester?  Sitting on scene with a patient having a heart attack  awaiting ALS should be criminal...ever hear of time is muscle and a cardiac cath?

Let's also not forget that sometimes the PD calls for the medic several minutes after dispatching BLS, and I've also witnessed the medic get on scene minutes before the ambulance on numerous occasions.  The medic should be dispatched simultaneously with the ambulance, but isn't and thats a factor in response times......yet thats not even mentioned.  Interesting.

I don't believe anyone here is bashing WEMS but rather trying to understand why poeple who are providing pre-hospital care to patients are not standing up and applauding the fact that New Castle's Town Supervisor has stood up and demanded better service for her residents.

N1Medic makes alot of comments which could have been cleared up by a little bit of research and asking some questions. When an RFP is issued it specifically states what type of service is being requested and if it does not specifically request certain types of equipment it will certainly request all equipment to be used be listed. The mutual aid issues has been discussed numerous times and yes, WEMS has three fly cars and sometimes four when the supervisors are working but the fact is those other two medics are not always the closest available which is where the mutual aid should be coming from whether it's a WEMS medic, an Ossining medic or a Mt. Pleasant medic - whichever will reach the patient first. As far as the second set of ALS hands, this is not always available. What if the call is in the back end of Pound Ridge or Vista, if you get your second set of ALS hands where does that leave everyone else? with 1 paramedic. As far as keeping the medics proficient is New Castle, how likely is it this will be their only job? I don't know even 1 paramedic who holds only one job that is just another smoke and mirrors question that keeps getting raised which has no validity. Where would they get their medics? same place every other agnecy gets theirs, either off a civil service list or through employment applications. I do not view New Castle's own paramedics as fragmenting the system but rather bringing a system together. The medics would be working closey with the volunteers and the police department making a better working relationship. Every municipality should have their own paramedics. AS far as the CON goes, a municiple CON is a given, unless you have an outside agency trying to block the way and even then it just slows the process and will not likely stop it. Other agency's having a smaller area to cover I believe may be Ziggy's point. 3 cars covering such a vast territoty is not effective nor is it efficient and does it really matter that WEMS is based in the area it serves? No. You are absolutely correct in stating it would be more effective if the medics were disptched with the PD which is exactly what would happen with New Castle's own system so bravo on that note, but that fact HAS been discussed in other forums reagarding this same issue.

Strong BLS is a bonus these days, unfortunately there are some places who still remain ALS dependent and I agree it is criminal for a BLS agency to wait on scene for ALS when they could intercept somewhere but this wouldn't be happening if municipalities would employee their own ALS system.

Once again New Castle's Supervisor should be applauded for trying to offer a better system for her residents.

does anyone know what the result of the vote was?

edit: I found this on the Journal News website just now:

"EMS deal kept

The New Castle Town Board voted 4-1 to stay in the consortium of eight northern Westchester towns that contract together for paramedic service. The towns are served by Westchester EMS, part of Stellaris Health, a group of hospitals including Northern Westchester Hospital. Supervisor Janet Wells voted to leave the consortium and contract with Empress Ambulance for a paramedic to serve only New Castle. She argued the town would get faster response times. But the rest of the board members either felt the issue should be examined further or that the town now gets good service for the money."

Edited by emtb23

this whole situation is really interesting.

I'm somewhat amazed by the price tag for 1 24hr paramedic... wonder what a further cost break down would look like for that type of figure... not saying it's off, just personally curious.

21 minutes is rather insane for a paramedic response... for a place like New Castle... NWMC is all of 20min tops to the farthest areas responding to the hospital... heak, WMC is 20min from certain locations. When you need ALS, you use the closest resource... the system's is designed so that the paramedic's the closest, but EMTs should not be sitting at a scene waiting for a medic that's 20min away when a hospital may be 10min away... start for the hospital, if the medic can meet you half way, good... if not, get your butt to the hospital.

If new castle is to get their own fly car, obviously Westchester EMS's response time will go down since they don't have to respond to Westchester.

The question is though... is having a paramedic closer by a better option - or is changing protocols and doing things such as getting to a hospital faster the first step? Is your call a "stay and play" or a "load and go" call???? If your pt is unstable and you know als is far out... get them to a point where you can get them on a stretcher, and go. Don't do your evaluation in the pt's home if you can get them into your rig, get them in the bus and start your driver driving while you do your assessment.

Either way - I’m not for or against this... I just think a lot of issues are to be raised that might not be looked into because it's new castle (nothing against new castle) and the money's in the budget and can be spent if it needs to be.

IT IS PRETTY AMAZING THAT 4 BOARD MEMBERS DECIDED AGAINST A FOR PROFIT COMPANY THAT WOULD GIVE THEM A FLYCAR FOR $328,000 WITH STANDARD RESPONSE TIMES SIMILAR TO THE REST OF THE COUNTY AND STAY WITH A FLYCAR FOR $505,000 AND RESPONSE TIMES THAT DO NOT MEET INDUSTRY STANDARDS AND THEY GET TO SHARE WITH 7 OTHER TOWNS. GUESS PATIENT CARE TAKES A BACK SEAT. WHAT KIND OF VEHICLE IS THIS 505,000 FLYCAR? IS IT STAFFED WITH 2 MEDICS IN EACH CAR?

Edited by ziggy

OVAC has response times that are 6 mins or less and I know that because I work there.

I disagree, and I decline to go into further detail.

I don't care what anyone says, there is no perfect system. Period. The only way you can guarantee prompt, dedicated service all the time is if you can predict the calls, or schedule them ahead of time.

Other then that, there is nothing we can do to be perfect. Some systems are far better then others, and this is true. Others should close up shop because they are misleading and mistreating the public they are suppost to be protecting.

IT IS PRETTY AMAZING THAT 4 BOARD MEMBERS DECIDED AGAINST A FOR PROFIT COMPANY THAT WOULD GIVE THEM A FLYCAR FOR $328,000 WITH STANDARD RESPONSE TIMES SIMILAR TO THE REST OF THE COUNTY AND STAY WITH A FLYCAR FOR $505,000 AND RESPONSE TIMES THAT DO NOT MEET INDUSTRY STANDARDS AND THEY GET TO SHARE WITH 7 OTHER TOWNS. GUESS PATIENT CARE TAKES A BACK SEAT. WHAT KIND OF VEHICLE IS THIS 505,000 FLYCAR? IS IT STAFFED WITH 2 MEDICS IN EACH CAR?

First off...it doesn't cost New Castle $505k for the flycar so stop mincing words! They pay now...what $267k? I forget what the number was. Anyone can look it up. Do so if you care.

The fact is this - it costs $505k per car. Plain and simple. No WEMS doesn't bill for the services in the system. And how many times has WEMS thrown a fourth or even fifth flycar into the mix? Did they get paid any extra for the extra medics? The books are open. They are reviewed regularly. WEMS has even given money BACK to the towns when there was surplus. How many other companies do that?

Now don't get me wrong. I'm with 585. [OVAC may have a 5-6 minute response, FOR THE CALLS THEY COVER.] And there is no perfect system. There is no perfect company. I could bash Empress (who I bet ziggy works for also), Transcare, Empire et al until the sun sets but I have better things to do with my time. I'd love to see a flycar on every street corner. But who's going to pay for that? Improvments are inevitable. The addition of a fourth flycar has even been discussed. We'll see what develops.

I disagree, and I decline to go into further detail.

I don't care what anyone says, there is no perfect system. Period. The only way you can guarantee prompt, dedicated service all the time is if you can predict the calls, or schedule them ahead of time.

Other then that, there is nothing we can do to be perfect. Some systems are far better then others, and this is true. Others should close up shop because they are misleading and mistreating the public they are suppost to be protecting.

You disagree that Ossining has 6 minutes or less response times? Do you work there?

You disagree that Ossining has 6 minutes or less response times?  Do you work there?

Been there, done that. I not only worked there but I volunteered there about 10 years ago.

OVAC may get on scene to many calls in 6 minutes, but not every call. And if you think so, enlighten me on how coming from Phelps to, say, 321 N. Highland can be accomplished in 6 minutes. Not to mention how often a 2nd crew is needed due to the higher call volume and it can't be covered. Mutual Aid from Briarcliff and/or Croton (us) isn't getting anywhere in 6 minutes.

Don't get me wrong, in no way am I an anti-OVAC guy. As a matter of fact I think OVAC has many of the best people around. But there is no system covering every call in 6 minutes.....especially those on the TSP and in New Castle.

Edited by Remember585

One thing I liked about working in Ossining was that for a village of it's size, it had not only a very high call volume but a wide variety of calls, a lot of which were quite legitimate and more than just your typical taxi ride. I think I gave more Narcotics at OVAC than I have anywhere else. :D