Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Extreme Home Team Needs Help TODAY!

6 posts in this topic

Monday, April 24th 2006

Due to the weather, the "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" team working on a new house for the Arenas have been set back a bit by the inclement weather. They are aiming to complete the house for Wednesday, when the Arena's will return home from Disney World to see it. .

They are in need of volunteers to help out today and TUESDAY during the daytime or overnight hours!.

If you can spare some time, any time at all, or know someone who can, let them know! Spread the word.

Anyone can volunteer at this point, just go to the intersection of Lake Way and Entrance Way East- alongside the Lake Purdy's clubhouse in Somers, and sign-up. They will put you to work! It’s about 2-3 minutes off of I684 Exit 7 (North) Coming south about 5-7 minutes off of Exit 8 for an idea of where it is.

Click Here For The Location Google-Mapped

does anyone know the status and what might be needed help wise for Tuesday? My company has 10-15 construction crews that could possibly lend time on Tuesday

How about tomorrow during the day?

Everybody's spirit and drive this past week has been amazing. Living on Lake Purdys I have seen dozens of emegency service personal arriving to assist on the house ( most parking on my yard ). It is truly amazing to see and I thank all of you, as a friend of the Arenas, as a neighbor and as a fellow firefighter! Help is still needed in completing the house and the intructions above are right!.

However regarding Wensday and the arrival of the Arenas and the reveal of the house, there is no, NO special fire department plans or activities scheduled at this time. Everybody is invited and can of course where F.D. / EMS apperal, but no turnouts or appuratus are required. The streets are overloaded now and it is going to be worse on Wed.

Agian it was truly insipiring to see all the help pouring out for our freinds the Arenas!

I hope to see you all Wed.

Some tips -

Please, if you do park on the streets of Purdys attempt to park on the same side as everybody else

Try to Car pool

There will be overflow parking at IBM and you can acess that via the Route 116 entrance.

Again thank you, talking to my neighbors they can not believe how many fireman have been touched by this story.

Just Imagine Making Miracles Yours

Somers F.D. Car 2445

P.S. - If there is a change to FD activities for Wed, I will let out the word as soon as I know!!

What is the FD's doing on Wed. I would like to try to be ther if you are doing something. Let me know

For those of you who aren't familiar with this story, I found this neat little synopsis in a press release on Alure's website. Alure is the general contractor for this project.

Jimmy "Jimboy" Arena changed an entire community forever. Diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor at five years-old Jimboy stayed strong. He inspired hundreds of neighbors, community members, several fire departments, officials and his own family with his infectious smile and spirit. Everyone in town knew Jimboy and prayed for him. They held fundraisers, birthday parties and even a parade to welcome him home from the hospital. But on September 28th 2005, shortly after his sixth birthday, Jimboy died and the Arena Family lost their only son.

The Arena's had saved enough money to repair and add onto their small home for their growing family but, when Jimboy was diagnosed, the funds went to experimental treatments across the country, medical care and travel expenses. Now the same community who supported Jimboy wants to pay tribute to him and help his family fix their broken home. After all, it was Jimboy who touched them all so deeply and he would've wanted this for his mom, dad and all of his sisters who took care of him.

A large Italian clan the Arena's can't enjoy a dinner together even though Mom Gina, loves to cook. Their small, 1400 square-foot rundown house has seen its share of wear and tear from the kids and is literally falling apart and bursting at the seams! With SIX daughters and one bathroom, the Arena's are in desperate need of bigger and better facilities!

In this episode of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" we learn how one little boy changed the lives of hundreds as we help his family get back on their feet and into a better and more accommodating home.