Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Does your agency retransmit Amber Alerts?

8 posts in this topic

Since Fire and EMS vehicles are often out and about around town, does your agency transmit a BOLO-Amber Alert from the region over your dispatch or primary communications channel or have a policy to retransmit the info ASAP?

Not a bad idea-especially with transport fleets.........anyone else think yes/no?

NYPD was transmitting it not long after it went out. I don't believe FDNY is mandated to do so, although I think it is a great idea.

Edited by JBE

probably a good idea if most agencies did....just imagine how many people country wide would be informed instantly of a missing child...i would like to see the state mandate or recommend somthing of this nature

probably a good idea if most agencies did....just imagine how many people country wide would be informed instantly of a missing child...i would like to see the state mandate or recommend somthing of this nature

Most do, as any AMBER Alert would come through NYSPIN as an urgent message.

I don't understand why Amber Alerts don't go out over the EBS. Just think of all the people sitting at home watching Judge Judy that would now be aware of a missing child.

I think it's a good idea... Something to think about or maybe bring up at the next DES meeting... Just a thought.

I don't understand why Amber Alerts don't go out over the EBS. Just think of all the people sitting at home watching Judge Judy that would now be aware of a missing child.

Virtually all the broadcast channels and most of the newschannels broadcast a continuous crawl when there is an AMBER Alert, along with most if not all radio stations in the region concerned, along with the Highway Advisory signs and most cellular carriers, at least those that offer AMBER Alerts with their plans.