Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Can anyone identify this police vehicle ?

24 posts in this topic

Ok, let's see how high the level of police car "buffology" reaches in the Bravo world!!

Who can tell me the make, model, agency and # of units in service of the following pursuit vehicle ? (it's not a concept...):

post-839-1146029556.jpg

Edited by hoss

Italy's Polizia di Stato Lamborghini Gallardo, but I don't know how many there are, but I would guess at least 2.

Looks like an Italian officer standing behind the car.

WOW, that was fast!! Congrats 20y2 on the ID and, honorable mention to 210, yes that is an Italian PO in the background.

This customized Lamborghini Gallardo pursuit vehicle was donated by the manufacturer to the POLIZIA DI STATO (Italian State Police) in May of 2004.

There is 1 in service on the Salerno-Reggio Calabria autostrada, carries defib and other medical equip (limited) and is also used to transport plasma and human organs for transplant.

Now, if only one of our members could snap some action photos on location...... B)B):):)

post-839-1146060794.jpg

post-839-1146060808.jpg

post-839-1146060815.jpg

Could you imagine getting pulled over by that!!! Man what a car...they could use one on the Sprain. lol

I like that lightbar . . . . wonder who makes it?

I like that lightbar . . . . wonder who makes it?

Lamborghini might have made it

Sick car, I cant believe it.

SICK SICK SICK!!!!! Wow! Way better than the Charger!!!

I think that might be a version of the Whelen LED Vista lightbar.

This car, or one like it has been in New York, for the Columbus Day Parade in 2004, and I think 2005 as well. Check this link: Columbus Day 2004 click here The pgotos are about 3/4s of the way down the page. Ususally the The Columbia Society invites old police cars as you will see in the photos. The red RMP stenciled 53 Pct is from 'Car 54, where are you?'

I got cut off on the Sprain by a Lambo once. Instead of being pissed, I was honored. :D

Funny....I saw a Lambo today...sad part was it was waiting for the cops because it just got hit by a Cab. But don't feel too bad for the guy he had dealer plates and I'm sure he is already driving a new one...lol.

more info:

A Lamborghini Gallardo for Italian Police

Source: Lamborghini UK | Published: May 14, 2004

A Lamborghini Gallardo has been donated to the Italian State Police (Polizia di Stato) by Automobili Lamborghini SpA.

The V10, 500 bhp 190 mph performance car has been liveried in the colours of the state police and includes a siren and flashing lights on the roof.

This is the first time that a Lamborghini will be used by Italian police.

The Gallardo police car will be used by the traffic police (Polizia Stradale) during emergency situations on the Salerno-Reggio Calabria highway in southern Italy.

It is equipped with apparatus to transmit and receive information and images in critical situations such as road traffic accidents, fires and other disaster situations.

It will also be fitted with the Italian police’s Provida system which records traffic violations and sends images in real-time, and has a direct connection to the police database as well as the Elsag ‘Autodetector’ system for number plate recognition.

In addition, the Gallardo is equipped with first aid equipment including defibrillator apparatus with the capability to perform electrocardiograms, and automatic diagnosis of arterial pressure and the presence of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the blood.

The car will also be used for the transportation of plasma and human organs for transplant.

The police’s use of their Lamborghini Gallardo won’t be limited to fair-weather driving: as well as the benefits of the Gallardo’s permanent four-wheel drive, during winter months it will also sport special ‘Sottozero’ snow tyres developed by Pirelli for Lamborghini.

post-839-1146183226.jpg

post-839-1146183240.jpg

credit : Martyn Goddard

post-839-1146183349.jpg

post-839-1146183362.jpg

credit: Martin Goddard

I'll tell you what if I ever got stoped by that I think after I got the ticket i would have to ask the officer "What are the chances i could get a ride in that" Oh and by the way ....Where do I have to sign?

I would have to do something to get locked up for just so I could have a ride in that. It would be worth it. LOL!

could deff go for a ride in one of them.. but whats the chances of driving one Mr. Officer?!? slim to none prob...

i would speed just to get pulled over by that. omg that is such a nice car but we still got the charger and magnum cummin out soon and they can top around 175 - 190

i would speed just to get pulled over by that. omg that is such a nice car but we still got the charger and magnum cummin out soon and they can top around 175 - 190

That Gallardo can "only" do 196 mph so the charger is lucky to see 165 mph

That Gallardo can "only" do 196 mph so the charger is lucky to see 165 mph

Things that occur when you see a Lambro as a High Schooler

1. Open eyes and mouth as wide as possible.

2. Start yelling: "OOOOOOOOOOOH! Wow! Look at that beauty."

3. Start drooling.

4. Immeadiatly start talking about how you're going to

A.) Buy one in the future

B.) Ride in one

5. Begin talking about the cars you have driven/can afford as a high schooler and start getting depressed.

6. Laugh at the insurance rates and gas prices.

7. Remember that if he has a Lambro he probably isn't worrying about insurance rates and gas prices.

-------------

We've had many discussions about Lambro's whilst walking off campus for lunch. The guy who owns La Famigila's, the pizza place by my school, has one so we see it all the time.