Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Remember585

Croton Engine 119 Sneak Peak

43 posts in this topic

We went out to Clintonville on Tuesday and Wednesday this week to check on our new rig.

It is coming along nicely. I have to tell you all that the staff at Seagrave has been nothing less than cooperative and helpful. Anything we brought to thier attention has already been or is going to be corrected / changed. The rig is quite impressive to see in person after seeing it only on paper for almost two years. I am more than confident that the new Engine 119 will be as dependable and useful as the current one, if not more. We are still looking to take delivery of it sometime in June. Lastly, thanks to Carl and the crew from Excelsior Fire Equipment, you have worked with us so well and have been so insightful during this process.

Pictures are up at www.engine119croton.org from our recent trip. Here's one to give you "the basic idea."

site1.jpg

Some basic info about the rig...

Seagrave all stainless steel construction

10 man cab (seats 8 with an storage compartment in place of 2 seats)

1500 gpm Waterous pump

750 gallon water tank

10 KW Harrison hydraulic generator

8 Total FRC floodlights

Plus more.....

Edited by Remember585

That is one nice looking rig

With the completed graphics that truck is gonna look amazing! And I also like the fact that they went with the conventional doors vs. the roll up doors.

Edited by BedfordFire

Beautiful Rig, Good luck with it when you guys get it into service. Cant wait to see it in the Mamaroneck day parade.

NICE im glad for you guys in croton.

Thought it was going to be green? Red is not the right color for you guys. LOL

BUT ITS NOT A MACK!! lol - Good luck with it croton!!

Looks like the rig we wanted from Seagrave. Good Luck with the new Engine 119!

Just a question, the piping going up from the pump house on the panel side to the front of the hose bed, is that a preconnect?

Edited by IzzyEng4

In answer to your question Izzy - Yes that is a preconnect, there are 2 2 1/2" preconnects on the rear, 3 crosslay and 1 trashline

In answer to your question Izzy - Yes that is a preconnect, there are 2 2 1/2" preconnects on the rear, 3 crosslay and 1 trashline

That is in addition to the rear discharges out of the back correct?

Good Idea!

That is in addition to the rear discharges out of the back correct?

Good Idea!

Yes - There is a 3 1/2" discharge on the left side, and a 3" intake on the right side.

Nice truck....can't wait to see photos of the truck complete.....good luck with it.

Walter

Best of luck with this great looking rig !! I think it would look great in a parade next to our new Seagrave L2.....

Henry

VERY NICE RIG , GOOD LUCK WITH HER WHEN YOU GET IT IN SERVICE .. ARE YOU GUYS KEEPING THE MACK AS A SPARE RIG OR IS IT GOING?

VERY NICE RIG , GOOD LUCK WITH HER WHEN YOU GET IT IN SERVICE .. ARE YOU GUYS KEEPING THE MACK AS A SPARE RIG OR IS IT GOING?

The Mack is for sale, and should be available in September 06.

Rig Looks Awesome, Lettering and Graphics bring it out............Can't wait to See it in Person. Excellent Job to the Northside Rig Commitee!

Beautiful rig! Looks like a LOT of planning and work went into it. May it serve you well for a long time! Good luck!

Look Really Good Can't Wait to see it on the road.

Good luck with your new truck guys. Benn a while since ive seen you guys in Croton. Im in West harrison now, left Ossining about 14 months ago because of moving. Hope all goes well. Bubby

very nice shots. How come you decided on the conventional doors rather than the rollup doors. With the roll up doors the truck would look more like a rescue pumper, the rear of the new truck looks more like a a tanker than a rescue pumper, anyway I wish you good luck with the new engine, the old one will be sorely missed.

We opted for the "traditional" doors over the roll-ups for a few reasons.

1. They take up a fair amount of space at the top where they stow away.

2. From others we've talked to, they have a habit of coming back down when you don't want them to.

3. We took into consideration that we may want to mount things to the door, and that can't be done with roll-ups.

There are two roll-ups though, simply because they made more sense where they are. You're right, it does look like a tanker (sort of), but in order to store all of the equipment and hoseloads we wanted to achieve, this is how it looks. There will be another storage compartment on the driver's side at the top, should be done very soon.

It makes alot of sense to me the explanation about the way the rear of the rig is designed. Well I hope this rig serves the community for many years to come. I hope to see this rig at many parades as well.

Nice looking truck, I was surprised to see it in Lake George. Unfortunately I missed the parade, it was it Queensbury, but I found out too late. Here are two quick photos I was able to get before it was taken away from the Convention site:

P6170068.jpg

P6170071.jpg

ITS HERE!!!........Arrived in Croton around 2:00.......Pics soon

Rig looks great! Good luck with it. Can't wait to drill with you and again and see it up close.

Very nice rig, wish you guys the best with it, congrats.

Congrats!!!!!!! The vehicle looks AWSOME!!!! Really shows the amount of hard work done by the truck committee! GREAT JOB, GUYS!!!!!!!!!!

This is one sweet rig you have here. Good luck with it and congradulations.