Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Fishkill Parade Apparatus Photos

9 posts in this topic

Check out the Fishkill Parade Apparatus Photos, 123 of them,they can be found in the Photo Gallery section of www.nycfire.net ............Some very interesting and rare-to-the-web apparatus.

Photos by tbendick, www.nycfire.net

Quite a few rigs from WC on there as well.

VERY COOL PHOTOS :D 8) =D>

Definitely nice pics....its also very nice to see depts from the different areas of the Hudson Valley present! It shows how much of a diverse area we live in...

Departments with Apparatus in parade:

(In order of appearance)

Fishkill

Pawling

Roosevelt

Rombout

Glenham

Chelsea

Dutchess Junction (Town of Fishkill)

Dutchess County Sheriffs

Hastings On Hudson

Thomaston

Vails Gate

Mahopac

Cold Spring

Croton On Hudson

North Hudson/Phillipstown

Cragsmoor

North Hackensack (Town Of Wappinger)

Millwood

Nyack

Putnam Valley

Dover Plains

Beacon

Sloatsburg

Amenia

Winona Lake (Newburg)

Millertown

Hughsonville

Wappingers Falls

East Fishkill

East Clinton

Arlington (Town of Pughkeepsie)

Carmel

Millbrook

New Hamburg

Wassaic

Plattekill

Thiells

LaGrange

Buchanan

Beekman

Montrose

Brewster

Hudson

Rhinebeck

Pine Plains

Ossining

Patterson

Goldens Bridge

Union Vale

I joined my fellow "Maroon Platooners" and marched in East Fishkill on Saturday. I must say, i am not big on parades, but this one was definately a great parade. The weather was great (a little to hot), the apparatus looked great and the bands sounded great! It was definately one of the bigger parades that i have been in and i must say that it was very well put together and a great day overall. There were so many departments from all over the place, it was a great opportunity to socialize and see what equipment other departments use.

Also, i wanted to congratulate my fellow "tri-village" brothers from Cortlandt Engine Co. (a.k.a. Montrose) for taking home the "Best Overall" trophy! Congrats boys, you deserved it! Montrose has always been known to come out in full force for these parades and they always look good! From what i was told, the trophy that they received is actually a tree-trunk about 4' high that was carved into some sort of fire scene. Hopefully i will get a chance to see it soon, and maybe get a photo to share with everyone!

Village of Fishkill, Not East Fishkill

Is it just me or is that a HUGE list of participants? I can't imagine how long it would take to march them all through. The pen afterwards must have been swamped. What was the route anyways? The village isn't all that big.

WAS967, its funny you said that lol! Personally, i didn't realize how big of a parade it was going to be, until someone from my FD told me while we were on our way up lol! I believe it was a big anniversary parade for Protection Engine Co. of Fishkill, hence the size of it! I know the guys at my FD were all hollering at us to hurry up and get on the bus so we wouldn't be late. Well, needless to say, we were not late at all, more like very early! We left our FH at 1:30 and step off was supposed to be at 3:00. Well, we got up there and were staged in some residential neighborhood with about 20 other depts! All i know is we went up Rt. 9, got onto I-84 & got off the 1st exit i believe and were stuck behind departments from all over the place. The bus was crawling through the masses of apparatus to find our spot to await the start. It was totally unreal, there were fire trucks from like 5 counties all over the place. It was actually kind of nice because we were "early," we got to clean the trucks, again, have a few beverages & watch the rest of the companies go by. We actually didn't step off until sometime after 4:00 i believe. We were like #5 in the fourth division & i believe there were something like 6 or 7 divisions, it was outrageous! I am not too familiar with that area, but like i said, we started off in a residential neighborhood parallel to I-84. To be honest, i'm not usually a parade guy and i hate the heat, but the parade route didn't seem all that long. We walked along a highly commercial road with many store fronts and a small strip mall, as well as a supermarket (shop-rite?). We ended the parade in front of a bar (Foleys) and had to cross Rt. 9 to go to the pen. That was quite interesting, a crap load of fireman in full dress uniform & a line of fire trucks waiting for the traffic light to turn green so that we could cross Rt. 9, all four lanes of it lol! If you are going north on Rt. 9, there is a Taco Bell on the right hand side, just past I-84. Well, the pen was in a large field just south of the Taco Bell. It was real nice because there was a big fair/carnival going on with rides and games & K-104/K-107 were there playing live music. And yes, i will openly admit that i sweet-talked my way, along with another FF, onto those elevated swings ride! I am still a kid a heart, so it was a good time. But anyway, i don't know the exact route, but for the amount of departments, it didn't seem like all that long of a parade, just took forever to get them all moving!

Did anyone see the Glenham ALF that was painted to look like a fire truck? I love red firetrucks!