Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
goon16

FDNY New Personal Harness

10 posts in this topic

Anyone using the new FDNY Personal Harness yet? If so How do you like em? Where can you find em?

They are the same thing as the old just with a new hook and a added D-ring and the legs strapes are set a bit different from the old but not to bad. You gan get them from Gemtor of try AAA in N. White ask steve he will order it for you.

i have been using one for about 4 months, it is basicly the same as the old one as stated aside from the new lock on the main carabiner and the added d ring.. also the legs straps as stated are different and the main biner sits in the front of your gear rather then more to the side... i happen to like it but it did take alittle gettin used to after many years with the old gemtor

i got mine form all hands fire, a great company that i like dealing with i got a good deal that made the new one almost the same price as the old one so i figured why not for a few extra bucks... also note i got mine at a show so they give better prices at the shows then on the websites...

http://www.allhandsfire.com

Edited by HFD23

Just started using one this week along with the new Rope system. Not sure how I like it yet, but I do like the system as a hole.

Just started using one this week along with the new Rope system.  Not sure how I like it yet, but I do like the system as a hole.

any pictures of the new system as a whole, have they made any changes to the hook that is used as the anchor when bailing out, i heard their were problems with the way the rope was looped through the hook and was attached back on the rope that was the main line?

I spoke with some of the FDNY guys while I was out at F.D.I.C. last week.We are trying to set up a demo day so departments can come see the system and how it works. keep an eye open for the announcement for the date and time

If you would like some photos, I can take some of the system and a little bit of how it works. Not a bad system, but first day with it on and we had to hike it up in a hi-rise. Going to take some getting use too.

Here is a video of the system in use for a promo video.

http://en.petzl.com/petzl/frontoffice/Trav...o/exo_video.htm

If you watch the video take a look when they show all the parts of the system.. You will see a U bolt over the rope. This was the change that was made.

If you look at this page for the Grigri device you will see that the device is missing the U-bolt. Only thing with the U bolt is that you can open up system and remove the rope, but there is no need to do that anyway.

http://en.petzl.com/petzl/SportProduits?Produit=203

Thanks for all the feedback.....That system deploys fast as HELL would love to get my hands on a set up

Edited by goon16

They do deploy pretty fast, as you may have noticed in the video. However that was a pack that I am sure was used a lot.

When issued the new packs, we have to use them at least once to test them, All the other training is done with packs that have been reused. The problem is with the new stuff the snaps and everything is very tight and stiff. It does take a bit to get it deployed and pulled out of the bag. I would rather have a kit that was used a few times.

Nice, Glad to See companies making efforts To enhance our safety, This piece of equipment looks good, Gonna have to get my hands on one.