Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AS702

Best Portable Radio

17 posts in this topic

I'd like to get some views from others on the best portable radio..

I personally think the HT1000 is the best.. We have a few VHF HT1250 radios, and they are terrible for actual communication but have some great features.. I have heard that the UHF HT1250 is 10 times better then its VHF version..

I'd like to get some views from others on the best portable radio..

I personally think the HT1000 is the best.. We have a few VHF HT1250 radios, and they are terrible for actual communication but have some great features.. I have heard that the UHF HT1250 is 10 times better then its VHF version..

I've heard lots of people bash it, but out of all the radios i've used, the uhf HT1250 is my favorite. I also have a VHF HT1000, which is very reliable, i just wish it had all the features and channels as a HT1250. The EX600 is another awesome radio, but i think it's too small for some applications. But that's just my opinon.

XTS 3500

I have a VHF HT1250 and HT1000....I had the HT1250 first and it is a nice radio with a lot of nice features, but communication wise it's horrible. If you at the scene it will pick up nicely...but if your not on scene it's just bad....Then I bought a HT1000 and it works 1000 times better.

I think the HT1000 is best radio I have had so far.

We operate on UHF and primarily use HT1000s, although there are a few HT1250s in the mix, mostly for the officers. Both operate great on UHF, although I've always been partial to the HT1000 myself. They can take a pretty good beating. Then again, I'd still be using an old MT1000 brick if I had it my way.

x901,

I know you must be joking when you say the XTS-3500.. I have had nothing but problems with them..

complete sarcasm!

xts 3000! just had mine uplifted and works flawlessly. heavy radio but at least i do not have to worry about dropping and breaking it.

The bigger they are, the harder they fall..

HT1000 is by far the best..

A little off topic, but how does motorola manage to f---up everything they make, im not going to go as far as to say "if it aint broke don't fix it" cause you can always improve things, but many of their products were much better than they are today, pagers, cell phones, and radios to name a few, you would think that they would take all of the pluses of the old products and put them in the new ones, but i can see if they messed up one generation ok, but when people still say the minitor II is still the best 3 generations later, thats a problem, motorola should have used that as a wake up call.

Sorry for the rant but Motorola's gotta change its ways

Edited by Porsha911gt3

JT1000. Same as the HT1000 but user programmable via the keypad. You can also use the keypad to tone into the hospital HEAR radios if you happen to be in a rig without a VHF mobile radio. I have the VHF and the UHF models. The only thing they won't do is send an identifier. Reliable and almost indestructible.

ht-1000 has been discontinued - go figure

Of course it had to be.. Otherwise it wouldn't be normal for Motorola..

The icoms seem to be good.

The icoms seem to be good.

I've delt with one type of icom, and i don't know the model, but it's a small uhf portable the new rochelle ems uses. Nothing but problems. They seem to be a little better now on the recieving end with the new UHF system, but transmitting is still hit or miss.

I use the XTS2500 model III I like it alot. But I also like the HT1250. Just my 2 cents.

PR1500 or MT1500 :D

HT1000 was the best. I still use mine.