Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tunaFish

Yankee's Jersey Given to the Arena Girls

5 posts in this topic

Correct me if I am wrong but, the Yankee Jersey was number 6 that was given to the girls for their room? That was Joe Torre's jersey. no?

The Journal news article states it was Posada's ( he is #20). Posada presented it to the girls, but I believe it was Torre's, signed by the team memebers?

I didn't tape the show, so I can't say for certain.

Please let me know.

Correct me if I am wrong but, the Yankee Jersey was number 6 that was given to the girls for their room?  That was Joe Torre's jersey. no?

The Journal news article states it was Posada's ( he is #20).  Posada presented it to the girls, but I believe it was Torre's, signed by the team memebers?

I didn't tape the show, so I can't say for certain.

Please let me know.

If memory serves me correctly, you are right. I believe Jorge actually stated it was Torre's jersey, and it was #6.

It was definately #6 Posada said that it was Torre's jersey, remember you can't beleieve everything you read in the news.

Yes it Joe Torre's Jersey, the Girl's and myself and Gina went to a benefit in the City on the 8th, they got to meet Joe Torre , Jeter , Bernie Williams and Giambi, as well as Judith Guiliani, the benefit was for Jorge's Foundation, we had a great time as well.

Just wanted to be sure.  I will contact the paper.  Its only right that the correct info be given to the public.  Thanks for all that responded.

Good luck in your new home and the best to your family!

I feel i know all of you just reading the journal on the website!

Yes it Joe Torre's Jersey, the Girl's and myself and Gina went to a benefit in the City on the 8th, they got to meet Joe Torre , Jeter , Bernie Williams and Giambi, as well as Judith Guiliani, the benefit was for Jorge's Foundation, we had a great time as well.