Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

World's largest cruise ship

14 posts in this topic

hoss hate to tell you but those days are gone-- just like rubber coats and open cabs.

Hey Capt32-

when you take this ship to Alaska, say hello for me to the German boat pilot with the clock that tells you the "ship's time"

forgive my ignorance, but what's "ship's time" ??

I was on a RC ship last year "Jewel of the Seas" and they had a model of this ship on it. When they told me it was twice the size f the one I was on and has a SHOPPING MALL I nearly @#$*!

2 words....FLOATING CITY!!!! :D

TOO BIG!!!

With over 4000 people on board, moving around and getting on and off the ship, especially when tending, will be a nightmare

Stick with ships under 80,000 ton...more fun

Ah, can't wait to go on my western caribbean trip on the freedom....January 7th, not too far away

Can you say Poseidon Adventure?? Hold your breath!! This ship will never sink.... even if an Ice-burg hits it. It will break the ice-burg!

hoss when you cruise there is a clock over the exit to the gangway it has the time---thats the ships clock---when the capt tellyou the ship leaves at 5 pm its ships clock time NOT THE TIME ON YOUR WATCH- many people have been left because of ships time--the ship will pick you up in a week whenit returns..... so make sure your watch is set to "ships time"

firecapt32, thanks for the info, I learn something new every post !

TOO  BIG!!!

With over 4000 people on board, moving around and getting on and off the ship, especially when tending, will be a nightmare

Stick with ships under 80,000 ton...more fun

Beleive it or not it won't be a problem unless they are porting at Grand Cayman where you have to shuttle. I was on Jeewl of the Seas which is 2100 passengers and we were off in less than 30 minutes.

As for life safety, less than 5 minutes to ot life reporting station. They know what they are doing.

Beleive it  or not it won't be a problem unless they are porting at Grand Cayman where you have to shuttle.  I was on Jeewl of the Seas which is 2100 passengers and we were off in less than 30 minutes.

As for life safety, less than 5 minutes to ot life reporting station.  They know what they are doing.

Yes, they are very good, but remember, you are not in the US and the same safety measures that you have become acustomed to here may not exist in that foreign port.

I was on a cruise with Norwiegan in the West Carrib. and tended at Cozamel. The ship had about 1800 passengers. They were using private contactors for the transport to and from the ship because the boats were much larger. On the return close to cruising time, the officer in charge was overloading the boat, just kept piling them on until a couple of us went over and demanded he stop the overload. He did immediately but did not remove the excess passengers which were hanging off the side. Had it been rougher seas, the boat could have capsized. He never would have done this in the US, so you need to use common sense on any cruise.

I have been on 8 of them and they are alot of fun, but you need to pay attention and remember where you are. :)