Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Youth Of This Board

32 posts in this topic

I feel that everyone, young, old, experienced and inexperienced should be entitled to thier opinions. As an Officer I always felt that the feedback I got, whether I agreed or not, was always helpful in one way or another.

We can't ignore an opinion because someone is young or inexperienced. Heck, sometimes it could be a good idea! I know that I shot my mouth of more then enough in my younger (and more so, in recent) years, but that's what makes people unique. If we didn't have opinions, and speak our minds, well, then we'd all be politicians at election time!!!!

Speak on people, we can all learn something from one another.

All I have to add to this whole dialogue is that I am SO glad I don't have to put up with this kind of doo-doo anymore. It is just not tolerated in a professional firehouse. You speak up out of place and you are put down and shut up. Quick. New guys get it the worst, but even the old timers get their share.

I have run into the type of snot nosed twits people are referring to on here. Thankfully, just not in my firehouse.

Munson is right, there is lots to learn and I can learn from everyone out there. But, I will agree that some little twit flapping his gums is not the guy I listen too hard to.