Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BFD1054

Irvington - Working Fire - 05-28-06

4 posts in this topic

Date: 05-28-06

Time: 1757hrs

Frequency: 46.26

Units Operating: Car 2201 (IC), E178, Elmsford Cars 2111 & 2113 w/the FASTeam, Dobbs Ferry TL23, E47.

Description Of Incident: Working Fire

Writer: BFD1054

1757hrs-Irvington FD Car 2201 requesting (1) engine & (1) truck to the scene, as well as a FAST assignment from Elmsford.

1801hrs-Dobbs Ferry TL23 & E47 dispatched.

1805hrs-As per IFD Car 2201, fire is k/d, companies conducting overhaul, all mutaul-aid companies can be released w/thanks.

Edited by BFD1054

i was listening to the scanner today and i heard irvington get called out for a dryer fire. 2201 requested 1 and 1 + a fast team to the scene but they were cancelled enroute. when i looked on emtbravo later it said "Irvington Structure Fire". did irvington actually have a stucture fire or was it just a smokey dryer? any irvington guys on here?

Fire was knocked down very quickly, and as soon as it was clear that there was no extension, the m/a engine, truck, & FAST unit were released. DFFD was assigned by 60 Control as the additional engine & truck, and they had just arrived when placed back in service. EFD's FAST unit was still en route.

Fire was knocked down very quickly, and as soon as it was clear that there was no extension, the m/a engine, truck, & FAST unit were released.  DFFD was assigned by 60 Control as the additional engine & truck, and they had just arrived when placed back in service.  EFD's FAST unit was still en route.

DFFD was also still enroute when they got the order to 10-8.