Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ladder44

Rescue Me is Back

41 posts in this topic

The Dixie Chicks they should just go away and never come back. What is up with the probie looks like he wants to transfer to a engine and play with someone hose.

You are right about the Dixie Chicks and the probie. Who is writing this story-line this year? They are definitely on a mission to destroy the image of FF's. The public that watches this show will consider us from Hero's to ZERO's. This does not do anything for us. No respect for the job. Does this go on behind the truck bay doors in real life, sure it does, but remember who is watching. Your local taxpayer, voter, next-door neighbor all of which will look at the Fire House with a question mark in their mind. Does the show have funny moments, yes. But it does not have enough to overcome the image that this show is destroying of PUBLIC SAFETY SERVANTS! Their target audience is not FF's. If it were, there would be structure fires, car fires, etc.., like Johnny and Roy. This is nothing more than a soap opera and it is not doing anything for our profession. Anybody else agree, or is it just me? :huh:

Ummm.... it's fiction, dude.

im not a firefighter and by no means does this show makes me think that this is how fire fighters act like animals use their profression as an excuse to women to get them into bed or by using 9/11 as an excuse not to get a parking ticket.3. if this show was just about them going on runs rather than the soap opera that they play out no one will watch it ala the boston firehouse serious and it will get played out and boring after a while.4.fx wants viewrers and this is how yoiu get viewers with shows like rescue me.4 just do your job and people in the real world like me will always be grateful for firefighters and always take their back through thick and thin.

Episode three is on right now.......

its ok...i guess

Needs more fdny operations and not just a couple of scenes before the opening credits

and damn all of there lives really suck

it is turning into a soap opera

Edited by bvfdjc316

ok so we have confirmed that the probie is gay, and it is good to see Lou is looking for help. they do need more fire. i know it costs money but every once and a while they should have a big fire for lets say 15 mins. i am sure you can tie plot stuff into a fire scene. example last season when the chicky was there and they were inside and no one knew if she could do it. he i can put a smoke machine in a hallway and get some lighting efrfects to make it look like a fire is behind a door. but thats just my POV.

please discuss your views

Ummm.... it's fiction, dude.

Here Here!!!! IT"S A TV SHOW NOT A REALITY SHOW............. Enjoy it for its stories. If you want real life firefighting get the "WORKING FIRE" CD's OR "BREAD AND BUTTER" CD's.

anyone notice when Lou was going to fry himself on the 3rd rail that appears to have been the bronx river parkway in the backround he was possibly at the fleetwood train station or mount vernon west station

GAH, I've started to notice plot flaws and I swore I wouldn't do that. I should pay much less attention to the facts and just watch and enjoy the show for the over the top dark humour and violence like I used to. :lol:

But anyway, some stuff I noticed in tonight's episode...

1. The opening scene shows a Seagrave ladder flying by, but all of a sudden we're in the crew cab of the Pierce and in the next exterior shot, the Seagrave has miraculously morphed into a brand new Pierce! :huh:

2. When the hell was the last time a school bus ran on gasoline??? I did find the extremely bald outer rear tire on it very realistic though, sadly.

3. As if anyone wouldn't have thrown their coat over the girl to protect her from the sparks from the Partner saw. Not to mention the explosion. It's bad enough he kept cutting against orders, but I don't get it...did he cut clean through the floor of the bus or something to allow the sparks to ignite the gas? And since when does a small puddle of gas explode like that?

4. Since when do ladders respond to EMS runs in the city? Last I checked, that was the job of the engine company to take in CFR runs.

Well anyway, I really never nitpicked the details, as obviously it's just a show. But if they're gonna miss really obvious key stuff like this, then I don't understand what the point of paying a technical consultant is. Or more to the point, Leary should stop bragging how "realistic" they try to keep that crap, because they're starting to drift a bit too much. Into Third Watch territory, which is never a good thing.

Other than that, it was a decent episode, some funny stuff. The scene between Tommy and Janet was pretty intense to say the least. But the line of the night goes to Johnny Gavin...

"It started all the way back at junior prom when you brought her home so mom and dad could take pictures of her. She looked amazing in that dress Tommy."

:o:lol:

anyone notice when Lou was going to fry himself on the 3rd rail that appears to have been the bronx river parkway in the backround he was possibly at the fleetwood train station or mount vernon west station

Yes that was the Mount Vernon West station at the south end when they showed the homeless guy you could see the 241st bridge in the back ground. That was filmed last Sunday around 10:30 am.

Chris

its messed up how tommy had raped his ex wife janet and i noticed that she was enjoyin it not yellin or anything and liked how she sat for a few minutes then changed her shirt just in time fro johnny to get home and she was just sitting there