Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
csf248

HVVFF Convention?

17 posts in this topic

Im Just Curious as to What departments are going up to the HVVFF convention this year?

I know its in the lake george area, just not sure what town is hosting it

also, i know arsley and elmsford are going!

Im 95% sure the parade is in Queensbury which is right next to the village of lake george. I also know for a fact that Hastings on Hudson is going.

Yes it is in queensbury, which is 2 exits shy of Lake George on the Northway. Walden (Orange) is goin, the president is on of our members.

Mahopac will be there of course. We are hosting the Putnam County Chiefs Association hospitality room at the Best Western (Esit 21)

Edited by EJS1810

Verplanck Will be Attending this year

The Maroon Platoon From Buchanan will be attending this year. I am very excited for this weekend, it is in fact an outstanding time/parade. Looking forward to Seeing everyone Represent Westchester County. And Good Luck to all.

Tarrytown Fire Department is going to the Hudson Valley Convention.

Briarcliff Manor F.D. will be there and its FathersDay Weekend.

Hope to see ya all there.

port chester will be going to cant wait for this weekend this is my first time going should be fun

Hudson Valley Firemen's Association

June 15, 2006 – June 17, 2006

Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark

1172 Rte 9

Queensbury

NY

518/792-6979

2006 Hudson Valley Volunteer Firemen's Convention & parade.

Wednesday June 14th, 2006

1:00 PM Board of Directors Meeting

Thursday June 15th, 2006

8:00 AM Registration Opens

9:00 AM Convention Opens Meeting

10:00 AM Auxiliary Meeting Starts

12:00 PM Lunch

1:00 PM Convention 2nd Session Meeting

5:00 PM Red Vest Outing at Elks Lodge

Blue Vest Outing at VFW Post 6196

Friday June 16th, 2006

9:00 AM Convention 3rd Session Meeting

1:00 PM Convention Meeting Ends

5:00 PM Forming of Mardi Gras Parade

7:00 PM Mardi Gras Parade Starts

8:00 PM Live Music at The Elks Lodge

Saturday June 17th, 2006

11:00 AM Forming of Dress Parade

1:00 PM Dress Parade Starts

6:00 PM Great Escape Opens

7:00 PM Live Music Till 10:00 PM

9:30 PM Fireworks

10:00 PM Awarding of Trophies

I don't want to steer this discussion off topic, and we've had this discussion here many times before (or at least I've read it) but if you all are going WAY upstate, who's fighting the fires in your hometown? And I assume you are taking reserve or antique apparatus only?

I agree a convention is great and build camraderie, but so does training, which I hope is also offered up there. Then have fun at night after the training, and maybe you'll come home with something more then a trophy that's going to be quickly forgotten and collect dust.

I know when I travel with the guys from my house, there's always full staffing on the first engine-and a current ranking officer leading and we don't have to worry about our REAL priority- protecting the communities that we swore to protect when we joined.

I know this event has been a tradition in many, many departments for years, but it's time for the new generation of "old-timers" to teach and pass down to the youth the more important traditions and realize that firefighting really isn't not about fun and hanging out, and that this shouldn't have to be a "reward" for their work.

Edited by Pressure

Hudson Valley Firemen's Association

June 15, 2006 – June 17, 2006

Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark

1172 Rte 9

Queensbury

NY

518/792-6979

2006 Hudson Valley Volunteer Firemen's Convention & parade.

Wednesday June 14th, 2006

1:00 PM Board of Directors Meeting

Thursday June 15th, 2006

9:00 AM Convention Opens Meeting

10:00 AM Auxiliary Meeting Starts

12:00 PM Lunch

1:00 PM Convention 2nd Session Meeting

5:00 PM Red Vest Outing at Elks Lodge

Blue Vest Outing at VFW Post 6196

Friday June 16th, 2006

9:00 AM Convention 3rd Session Meeting

1:00 PM Convention Meeting Ends

5:00 PM Forming of Mardi Gras Parade

7:00 PM Mardi Gras Parade Starts

8:00 PM Live Music at The Elks Lodge

Saturday June 17th, 2006

11:00 AM Forming of Dress Parade

1:00 PM Dress Parade Starts

6:00 PM Great Escape Opens

7:00 PM Live Music Till 10:00 PM

9:30 PM Fireworks

10:00 PM Awarding of Trophies

anybody on here a "blue vest"?? my dad was - got one of his plaques on the wall behind me. Used to have alot of fun with it! ((Royal Order of the Nut Busters is actually on the patch!))

I don't want to steer this discussion off topic, and we've had this discussion here many times before (or at least I've read it)  but if you all are going WAY upstate, who's fighting the fires in your hometown?  And I assume you are taking reserve or antique apparatus only?

I agree a convention is great and build camraderie, but so does training, which I hope is also offered up there.  Then have fun at night after the training, and maybe you'll come home with something more then a trophy that's going to be quickly forgotten and collect dust.

I know when I travel with the guys from my house, there's always full staffing on the first engine-and a current ranking officer leading and we don't have to worry about our REAL priority- protecting the communities that we swore to protect when we joined.

I know this event has been a tradition in many, many departments for years, but it's time for the new generation of "old-timers" to teach and pass down to the youth the more important traditions and realize that firefighting really isn't not about fun and hanging out, and that this shouldn't have to be a "reward" for their work.

i know here in elmsford only our engine co. goes, and its only about 30% of the members. So the village is left with about 70% of our engine guys, plus all of the ladder Co., Wich runs 2 quints, so the village is pretty safe.

Don't forget, NYS Association of Fire Chiefs has moved their annual Expo from Syracuse to Lake George during the same time as the Hudson Valley Convention this year. So to put PRESSURE at ease, there are several opportunities at the Chief's Show where we can learn and expand our knowledge while we’re away, and come back with something more than a t-shirt and a bad hangover.

FIRE 2006 (Fire Industry, Rescue, & EMS Expo)

NYSAFC 100th Annual Conference

Lake George, NY – June 15-17, 2006

NYSAFC

June 14-17 - HVVFA 117th Annual Convention & Parade - Queensbury

HVVFA

hope the credit card for gas supplied for departments going up there has plenty of bonus miles with the nice gas prices we have had lately - especially if apparatus are going ;)

other than that sounds like a nice thing to attend

Edited by nwpfdjr27