Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WAS967

Annual Chili Cookoff and Fire Muster

8 posts in this topic

Anyone know anything about when and where it is this year? The summer is in full swing and I'd be interested in actually going this year.

In talking to one of individuals who has coordinated it in the past, it may not be going on at all due to funding.

This Saturday, there is a muster in Shelton, CT and lets not forget about Milford's in September.

Bummer :cry2:

They really messed up a great thing. When it was being planned last year (before falling apart), they wanted a ridiculous amount of money for dealer tables. It's a shame.

Another problem with last year was the change of venue at the last minute. Becaue of this the muster committee pulled out so it was just the chilli cook off.

According to the new issue of The Westchester Volunteer, the Antique Fire Apparatus Show and Muster will be held.

Saturday, Sepember 25 @ Croton Point Park.

[Hi All

I called the contact # in the Westchester Volunteer newspaper ad for the Antique Muster and Chile cookoff. I received a return call from Annette at the West Cty Parks Dept who reported that the Med Center had pulled out as of yesterday and therefore the Muster and Chile contest were being cancelled.

Can anyone confirm this or have better info??

thx

I think you already have confirmed it. Who better to ask than the Parks Department which spearheads the grounds? It's unfortunate that the med center has been having so much financial trouble in recent years. I'd rather see them get back on thier feet and have us skip a year, than for the med center to sink deeper into debt. Can you imagine having to drive to the Bronx everytime you have a Level I trauma?