Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

jetBlue's Newest Route: JFK-DC w/ $39 Intro Far

7 posts in this topic

Anybody looking to visit or buff the DC area (which includes Montogmery, Fairifax, and Prince Georges county)? This is going to be super convient, and if you take advantage of the introductory fare, cheap.

And, the route will be served with their awesome Embraer E190 jet, which inlcudes Dunkin Donuts coffee, live 36 channel Direct TV and 100 channel XM Satellite Radio at every seat, and soon...WIRELESS INTERNET!

Presidential Sweet -- JetBlue Launches New Service From the NYC to the DC

Up To Six Daily Nonstops

Introductory Fare of $39(a) Each Way -- 40% Off the Current Lowest

Shuttle Fare

Regular Fares Start at $50(a) Each Way

NEW YORK, June 8, 2006 (PRIMEZONE) -- JetBlue Airways (Nasdaq:JBLU) today announces it will begin up to six daily nonstop flights between New York/John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) and Washington, D.C./Dulles International Airport starting August 17, 2006. Introductory fares will be $39(a) each way -- which is 40% lower than the lowest current Shuttle fare in the market today. This introductory fare must be purchased by June 30, 2006, and all travel must be completed between August 17 and September 30. Regular fares will range from $50(a) to $145(a), which are between 20-80% lower than pre-JetBlue fares in this market.

"Every day, one thousand fewer people fly each way between New York and Washington, D.C. today compared to summer, 2001," said David Neeleman, JetBlue's founder and CEO. "We think there's a good reason why: Fares are too high, which makes taking the train or driving a viable alternative. We want to make flying affordable again between our nation's capital and New York City -- just as we have done with our new service between New York and Boston, and between Boston and Washington/Dulles. Our regular fares will be up to 80% less than current air fares, with our lowest fares starting at $50(a) each way. Not only will you pay less, but you'll get the award-winning JetBlue Experience, featuring our friendly service, signature 36 channels of DIRECTV® programming, more than 100 channels of XM Satellite Radio®, and all the snacks you can eat on the quick flight."

With the start of this new service, JetBlue customers in Washington/Dulles will now have access to 30 JetBlue destinations through convenient connecting service in New York/JFK. In addition to this new nonstop service to New York, JetBlue currently offers nonstop flights from Washington/Dulles to Boston/Logan; Fort Lauderdale, FL; Oakland, CA; Long Beach, CA; and San Diego, CA.

Service will be operated with JetBlue's EMBRAER 190 fleet, featuring 100 comfy leather seats and industry-leading legroom. Members of JetBlue's customer loyalty program, TrueBlue, will receive 2 points per flight, with double points awarded for purchasing online at www.jetblue.com. Customers can earn free travel even faster by using the JetBlue Card from American Express.

"This is great news for New York City and for the entire Northeast," U.S. Senator Charles Schumer (NY) said. "These new flights will better connect the entire region, increase competition, and bring down fares for consumers across the board. Ever since I brought JetBlue to New York City, I knew this would be a match made in heaven and today they have again shown their commitment to providing high quality, low cost service for all New Yorkers."

"This is great news for New York and for everyone who takes advantage of this busy route," said U.S. Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton (NY). "JetBlue continues to make critical investments in routes in and out of New York, which is good for passengers and good for the economy."

"JetBlue Airways' decision to add six new, non-stop flights from New York to Washington, DC, is exciting news for travelers in New York," said New York Governor George Pataki. "This new service will make it easier and less expensive for so many New Yorkers to travel to and from our nation's capital, and over 30 percent less for advance-purchase service connecting to Buffalo, Rochester, and Syracuse. This new low-cost service is welcome news to New Yorkers."

"Increased competition at Dulles Airport is good news for all of the travelers and business people that commute between our economic capital and our political capital," said U.S. Senator George Allen (VA). "JetBlue has a great reputation and I welcome their additional service in the Commonwealth of Virginia."

"New York travelers' options continue to increase with JetBlue's amazing growth," said U.S. Congressman Gregory W. Meeks, whose district includes John F. Kennedy International Airport. "New York's hometown low-fare airline's new service linking JFK to the nation's capital reaffirms Kennedy as a premier domestic gateway for business and leisure travelers."

JetBlue's new daily service between New York JFK and Washington, D.C./Dulles, effective August 17, 2006 unless otherwise noted:

post-2-1149869644.jpg

This is so cool awsome price, im going to dc in september. Thanks for the info.

I think the Dunkin' Donuts is probably the best part! :lol: God I miss their donuts AND coffee. - Closest one to me is Arizona, but damn sure i go there when i'm there!

Sorry - off the sub alittle, but. . . .

Edited by nyemt131411

Going to Charlotte, SC next week. Too bad they don't start thier nonstop service until July 12th. :(

Many thanks for the tip.

The airport limo from Yonkers to JFK costs more than the flight !!!!!!

I love Jet Blue, but, outside of intoductory rates, their fares have gone up quite a bit.

Take a look at Air-Tran prices. Direct mid-week flights from Westchester County Airport to Orlando for $69 !!

The sad thing is, with fuel prices now its cheaper for me to fly from rochester to jfk then it is for me to drive now